(y/n) POV

I stepped out of the TARDIS with the Doctor. We had been traveling together for almost a year now and we've been all over the universe. The last year had been the best of my life. I found a place where I belong. It helps that I have started to like the Doctor and that he hasn't discovered my secret.

"So," I said. "Where or when do you think we are?"

"Well, judging by the people, the architecture, the weather, and the taste of the air, I'd say Russia, July 1918." That would explain my outfit. I was wearing my normal jeans and a long sleeve shirt with a simple brown coat with a little fur on the sleeve and collar. Though, part of the Doctor's statement confused me slightly. I raised an eyebrow at the Doctor. "What?"

"The taste of the air?" I asked.

"It has a distinct taste! Though normally humans can't detect it."

"Ah. If you say so."

The Doctor smiled and rolled his eyes at me.

"You know anything about 1918 Russia?" he asked me as we walked down the street.

I thought for a moment.

"Time were hard for the Russians. The royal family was not too popular during this time." I paused. "This is the year that Anastasia died with her family!"

"Correct! And no one knows why."

"I'm guessing that we're here to solve that mystery?"

"Possibly. It depends on where we are and if we end up in the same place as her." I nodded. "Now come on. Let's try to figure out what's going on here. The people seem scared."

"Why wouldn't they be, Doctor?" I asked quietly. "It's early eighteenth century Russia."

"No, no. This is something else. This is a different fear. The fear of something they've never seen before." He paused. "Come on. Let's talk to someone."

"But they all speak Russian. How will we understand them, or vise versa?"

He pulled out his sonic screwdriver.

"We have this."