Chapter Seven

ewpiugkmjaldjh-.- TWICE my laptop shut down on me, so I lost the chapter twice. EURGH FFS! so bloody annoyed. just teaches me a lesson, so erm yeah, hay-ho here it goes again-.-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ellie's POV

I was dreading going home. I couldn't bate the arguements that would occur. I decided to walk home because I didn't want my Mum to shout at me in the car.

The walk home didn't take as long, but it gave me long enough to think things through. 

I took in a deep breath as I stood outside the door. I jiggled around for my keys, and my hands shook as I put the key in the door, turning the lock slowly and pushing the door silently.

"HOW DARE SHE DARREN. HOW DARE SHE. A NEW START SHE TOLD ME, THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT SHE TOLD ME. WHEN WILL SHE EVER GROW UP?" I could hear my Mum shouting from the kitchen.

My bottom lip trembled, I tried to stop it by biting down on it but that didn't help. I was hoping to shut the door quietly, but the wind picked it up and slammed it shut, causing silence throughout the house.

I took off my shoes, and put my bag down by the front door.

I took in another deep breath, before walking into the kitchen.

I lingered in the doorway, until my Mum could feel my presence. She turned around, and narrowed her eyes at me.

I put my head down and fiddled with my hands.

"Please Mum." I whispered. "Just let me explain"

"HOW DARE YOU ELLIE. HOW DARE. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D EVEN THINK TO BE RUDE TO YOUR TEACHER AND ANOTHER STUDENT. YOU PROMISED ME THINGS WOULD BE DIFFERENT." Her voice bellowed accross the house.

It then became more quiet.

"I thought you'd try Els. For all of us"

"I'm sorry Mum. Just let me explain..please?" I begged.

She nodded, and I proceeded.

"It's not as bad as it seems, honestly. He was unfair towards me, I was just sticking up for myself. I only got a detention, and we talked afterwards. He said he'd forget about today, and start fresh tomorrow" I said.

"That's not the point" She said weakly.

"We keep starting fresh. You can't keep relying on second chances. I need you to promise me you'll try, please. For all of us, we just want you to be happy" She said.

I nodded. 

"I promise"

She smiled at me, and I opened my arms, signalling for a hug. She accepted, and rubbed my back as she did.

"Thankyou" I whispered in her ear. I could feel her smiling. 

She didn't say anything. She just kissed my forehead and walked out.

It could've gone worse I guess. But that's given me the biggest wake up call. 

I walk upstairs to my room and open up facebook.

Two new friend requests. 

Harry Styles wants to be your friend.

Hallie Chalmers wants to be your friend.

I ignore both of them, but that doesn't stop me having a quick peak at Harry's wall.

I was shocked by what I read.