3

I can't breathe when you talk to me,
I can't breathe when you're touching me,
I suffocate when you're away from me,
So much love you take from me, I'm going out of my mind

•••

LEOS

WAS IT POSSIBLE for a man's heart to stop beating when he supposedly didn't have one?

This question was lingering in the back of Leos' mind as he admired his mate.

My mate.

How was this even possible? He was told by anyone and everyone, including the elders, that he would never have a mate, that he didn't deserve one. So much that it came to a point where he believed them. He believed he wasn't worthy of a mate.

So then how could this be?

Was his mind playing tricks on him? Was the moon goddess playing tricks on him?

Was this a punishment? Towards his mate?

Was the moon goddess punishing his mate for something by pairing her up with him for the rest of her life? 

He wasn't completely sure, but what he was sure about, was that he was never letting this girl go. He had just been handed a blessing in the form of a petite, brown eyed girl.

Finally letting go of her, though he would've been happy to remain in her embrace for the rest of eternity, he looked at his mate. And he became speechless once again.

Beautiful.

The girlno, woman standing in front of him gazed back at him with her eyes which resemble two pools of chocolate. Suddenly chocolate was my favourite thing to eat. Her black hair fell over her shoulders and down to the middle of her back in soft waves, caressing her arms. Her skin was a light brown shade, and it looked like honey beneath the beams of the sun.

He looked back at her face and saw the small nose, light freckles and full lips. I wonder how they taste. Somehow, he believed he'd be finding out very soon.

Once his eyes had their full of her stunning face, they began to wonder lower. He sucked in a breath. Her clothing fit her curves perfectly. She was perfect.

When his ogling finally stopped, and his eyes flicked back up to her face, he saw her eyebrows raised.

Shit, she caught me staring, he thought. She's gonna think I'm some kind of pervert.

His wolf didn't notice his inner turmoil. He was too busing admiring her with dreamy eyes, his tail swinging back and forth.

As soon as his eyes locked with hers, he began to continuously repeat something in his head. At first Leos couldn't decipher what he was saying, but as he slowly started to be more clear, he could hear what he was telling him. Mate.

He was baffled to say the least.

Leos didn't think he'd ever been so confused and clueless in his life as he was at that moment. This tiny girl with a beautiful face, managed to steal his breath along with his words. And I hadn't even spoken to her yet. Just as he thought that, he heard a throat clear.