|chapter 12|

|BRANDON'S POV|

You aren't dangerous, you aren't dangerous.

"So have you ever encountered the other tribes?" Willa piped up. Nodding my head, I glanced over at her from the road ahead of the car and met her beautiful, diamond-like eyes. The wind blew into her open window and through her soft hair, causing the scent of her (strawberry, maybe?) shampoo to fill my nose. My heightened senses became overwhelmed, and I cleared my throat and looked back at the road. It was so much of a risk even being with her. Controlling myself around any blood was hard enough. Being around her's, though... it was nearly an impossible task.

"Yeah," I choked out, coughing to make it look like my throat was just dry.

"Which one?" she asked. "Or ones?"

"I've actually been around all of them," I confessed. "A couple of days after I changed, all of the tribes had sent a few representatives to my house so that they could decide which tribe I really belonged to. In the end, the Vivens won." That day had been a nerve-racking one. Intimidation was the emotion that I had felt as their blood red eyes watched me. It still intimidated me to talk to Damion, even though I was working for him.

"That must have been scary." The strawberry scent disappeared and then returned. You are not dangerous!

"You have no idea."

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

"Here we are!" I exclaimed, opening the door of the car and hopping out. Willa cautiously stepped out onto the concrete of the arch-shaped driveway. "There's nothing to be afraid of here."

"Really?" she answered, a skeptical tone lacing her voice. I silently gulped, guilt bubbling in my throat. It was a total lie. If I was around, she had something to be afraid of. I couldn't tell her that, though.

"Yes, really," I chuckled. "Nothing here is unsafe." Not nothing.

"Alright," she laughed. Her unease was hard to not notice. As we walked towards the front door, I tried my best to stay in front of her. The less tempted I was, the better. Once we reached the door, I twisted the doorknob and pushed on the large door. The creak gave the act of walking inside an eerie feeling. No matter how many times I walked through, it still made me shudder. We crossed through the doorway and she cautiously stepped towards the middle of the room as I shut the door. She flinched slightly.

"Home so soon?" Orrey's rocky voice laughed from the top of the right staircase. Gradually, he made his way to the bottom of the stairs. "Sugar is back, isn't she?"

"She should be," I replied. "I should probably check on that. I'll be right back." Hurrying towards the dining room door, I glanced back at Willa. Everything seemed to be in slow motion as she looked away from the ceiling and into my eyes. I honestly could not help but stare. Such perfection should be marveled over, not ignored or shamed. An uncomfortable smile crossed her face, and she sent a small wave to me. My eyes ripped away from hers and to her wrist, to the single visible vein running down her forearm. Blood. The thirst was starting to take control. I couldn't let it complete its task. Sending a strained smile back, I opened the dining room door and quickly crossed through, shutting the door behind me. Taking a deep breath and shutting my eyes, I leaned against the door. That was too close for comfort. Shaking my head, I ambled through the dining room to the kitchen. Like everything in this house, it was simply too.. fancy. Once I arrived at the screen door that led outside, I opened it, stepped into the humid weather, and scanned the backyard for any sign of Sugar. Nothing. Did she not come home? Suddenly, a movement in the corner of my eye caught my attention. My head turned to the side, and I watched the poor bat try to walk through the grass on her legs. Her first two steps were unsteady, and when she eventually fell, she just laid there on her stomach with a longing look on her face.

"I know how you feel Sugar," I sighed, and she sent a surprised look towards me. She must have not known I was there. I stepped into the grass and sauntered over to her, sliding my hands under her chemical-filled body. Sugar sighed as I lifted her up and sat her on my shoulder. "It's hard getting something that you want, especially when you aren't really even supposed to have it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: hello everyone! i know, i've been gone for a longgggg time. finals are the worst, man. writer's block doesn't really help either. anyway, here's a little inside look on how Brandon views Willa and how he feels about her. it isn't the longest, but i hope you enjoyed the change of POV! don't worry, the next chapter will have a little bit of action and more intensity. also, if you read my last chapter, you would know i'm making a playlist for the story. if you have a suggestion for a song, feel free to comment it! i would love to include it if it fits the story!

GOAL FOR THIS CHAPTER: can we get up to 5 votes and 3 comments? share this around to get to the goal and have the story updated quicker! i'm hoping to get to 2K reads (which i am super excited about being so close to!) i love you all. have a good day.