|chapter 3|

"So, if it isn't the Sophomore Slut," Ivory smirked. Putting on a blank face, I kept my eye contact with her. The two other girls looked at me with surprise. It is unnatural to see a sophomore in high school at a matchmaking event, it's true. "I bet I know why he invited you to come. He just wants a slut to entertain him."

"I'm not a slut," I murmured, looking down at the floor. It's a very bad idea, but I didn't do anything to deserve the title of "slut". The closest I'd gotten to being even close to a slut was kissing a guy. It was a very short kiss, too.

"What? Did the slut say something?" she mock gasped. "What did she say?"

"I'm not a slut," I stated, louder this time and looked up at her as to challenge her. She narrowed her eyes.

"Are you trying to intimidate me, whore?" she scoffed. "You don't scare me." I just kept our eyes locked and she stared right back. As soon as the door opened, though, she broke the gaze.

"Our fifth guest is finally here!" Orrey's voice exclaimed. I looked over and watched as he partially dragged a short girl with a equally short black and white dress into the room. Her brown eyes looked scared, as though she didn't want to be here. I could see why she wouldn't want to. It's intimidating having to be your best for a guy you don't know. "I'll give you all a minute to get yourselves together while I go get Brandon." When he left the room, the girl immediately sat down in a seat that was away from everyone. At this point, I couldn't tell if she was actually scared about being here or if she was just very nervous about meeting Brandon. It seemed like the latter, but she was hard to read. When I glanced over at the other girls I didn't know, I noticed that they seemed to be trying to read her too. It seems like nobody knows her.

"Are you just going to stop our conversation, whore?" Ivory sneered. I pretended like I didn't notice her. "Do I need to beat your ass when we get back to school?"

"Stop," the brunette girl spoke up. Ivory and I both looked over at her. "Whatever bad blood you two have needs to die down for at least a few hours." Ivory rolled her eyes and angrily walked over to the other side of the room and I silently mouthed 'thanks'. She nodded in reply as she stood up and almost glided over to an area close to Ivory. The blond-haired girl with black roots pulled on the hem of her dress a little as she stood up, which reminded me that I should make sure I look alright. I patted my hair down and adjusted my puffy red dress. It went down to about mid-calf and had spaghetti straps that I covered with my leather jacket. I also wore my lucky necklace: a small fat cardinal charm on a silver chain. It was always somehow there whenever good things happened, so I hoped it would make my day lucky. As if on queue, I heard the door open and I glanced over. Even though I knew he would be coming, I still felt shocked. Maybe it was because he looked better in real life than in the picture.

"Hello ladies," Brandon greeted, slightly smiling. My breath left my body for a second. He was... gorgeous. His original outfit seemed like it was supposed to be a suit, but he had taken off the jacket and now only had a white long-sleeved shirt. He even added a bow tie. Not an actual tie, a bow tie. Along with his perfect face (yes, he had a perfect face), he looked absolutely handsome. For the first time, I was glad I got to come.

"Brandon, I'd like to introduce you to these girls," Orrey suggested, walking next to Brandon and taking his arm. "Some of these girls I believe you'll be happy to meet."

"Well, wouldn't I be happy to meet all of them, since I'm the one who invited all of them?" Brandon countered.

"Yes, yes, I suppose," Orrey grumbled, pulling on Brandon's arm as he walked towards Ivory. "This is Ivory Perkins."

"Nice to meet you, Ivory," Brandon said, nodding. All she did was smile and nod. Sure she could have the courage to threaten and blackmail people, but she couldn't even say hello to a cute guy.

"Next is Hanna Kenton," Orrey said as Brandon and he approached the girl with the black roots. They greeted each other and moved onto the small brown-eyed girl, whose name I found out was Renee. Then, they met the girl who stood up for me, and her name was Tanner. She honestly did look like a Tanner. Finally, they got to me and I swear my heart was beating so loud they could probably hear it.

"And lastly, this is Willa Samson," Orrey introduced. "but she only likes being called Willa." The funny thing was that Brandon looked at me with a gaze that was different from the other girls. I couldn't describe it, but it was just... different. I'm not even sure if it was a good different or bad different.

"Willa," Brandon repeated, and just the sound of him saying my name made the imaginary butterflies in my stomach explode. "That's a beautiful name."

"Thank you," I replied, smiling like an idiot. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't contain it. He nodded and smiled a little bit more than he had been. That smile made my heart melt a little more. Soon, he and Orrey returned to the middle of the small semicircle the girls and I had formed.

"Well, basically the plan for tonight is that Brandon will be talking with each of you privately and then at the end of the night, everyone will come back in here for dinner. Then..." Orrey explained before losing his train of thought.

"We won't worry about that right now, Orrey," Brandon laughed, lightly patting the older man on the back.

"Whatever you say, sir. Anyway, who would you like to talk to first?" Orrey asked, and immediately Brandon looked over at me. What? I was not prepared to talk to him at all, and what if something bad happened and-

"How about Willa?"

~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: if you were wanting a less confusing way of knowing what Brandon looked like, just look at the cover :) hope you all like the story! (i'm assuming you do because ya know... 2 votes... :D ) sorry it's short, but i promise the chapters will get longer over time!