True Love's Kiss

Letter 27                                                 May 5th X792

            Dear Gajeel,

      How’s it been? I’ve missed you so much, you know that since it’s May, the flowers outside our house are starting to look very pretty. I’m so glad you helped me plant these before your mission. When you come back you promised you would marry me right? Well, I cannot wait, until you get back. I cannot wait for you to be mine and for me to yours.

                        Love Levy

èPresent Day   3 years Later

This was one of Gajeel’s favorite letter, this was the one he held on to, and went back to look at the most.

   He had decided that he would start talking to Levy, no matter what Laxus said or did. So he thought that the best time to go over to Laxus’ and Levy’s house would be whenever Laxus is out on a mission or doing something with the Magic Council.

   Gajeel walked out by their house, and just kept on walking by at least several times a day. Till one day Levy was also outside, tending the garden that laid against their little cottage. Something that her and Gajeel used to do when they were together. Quite frankly Gajeel could careless for stupid flowers, but it they made her happy and that meant he got to spend more time with Levy, then it didn’t matter.

   He hung out over the white picket fence just watching Levy work away at the garden.

   “So beautiful,” he muttered to himself, talking about of course, about Levy.

   Instantly, Levy turned around, “Huh?”

   “Uh, the flowers, your flowers are pretty,” he saved himself.

   “Thank you, Mr?” she wondered slowly getting up and walked towards the fence.

   “Redfox,” he bitterly answered, how could Levy not even remember something as simple as his name? He knew Laxus told her, is her current memory going bad too?

   “Gajeel Redfox, that’s right, Laxus has told me a lot about you,” he smiled opening the gate letting him in.

   Gajeel was confused, why Laxus would tell Levy about himself, “Really?” he smiled cocking a metal studded eye brow. “Like what?”

   “Like that you are a very strong Iron Dragon Slayer, and you act very tough but deep inside you’re a real softy,”

   “Damn, Laxus ruining my reputation,” Gajeel cursed under his breath

   “Well, I don’t believe him,” she smiled as she walked Gajeel inside their cottage,

   The smell was a mixture of Levy and Laxus, and it was very putrid to Gajeel. Almost making him gag, much like the pictures of Levy and Laxus together on the walls everywhere. To the left of him was a study area filled with books, a light wood desk, and a lap. In front of him was just a closet and to the right was a living area equip with black leather furniture and a wood stove. Levy lead him through the hall way towards their kitchen.

   “You don’t?” he asked surprised, “Well, of course it’s not true,”

   “Of course it’s not,” Levy smiled, “Do you want something to drink? Coffee, iced tea, water?”

   “No, I’m fine,” he smiled forcefully looking at the ground. “Say, how’d you get together with Laxus?”

   “Why?” she asked as she poured herself some ice tea from a large pitcher.

   “Well it’s just you two don’t seem to fit together good at all. I mean no offense, clearly somehow you do, since you’re getting married and all. It’s just I know Laxus, and I never thought he would go for somebody…”

   “Somebody like me?” she assumed.

   “Like you,”

   She smiled, “Well, I’ve known Laxus since we were little kids, and I’ve always sort of admired him, and his strength. And I believe he cares about me. He was always there when, I needed him, the most,” her face let up at the thought of her fiancé. “Like you, Laxus also acts all so tough, but deep down inside he’s a big teddy bear,”

   Gajeel’s eyes slowly watched her probably much longer then they should have. He watched how happy she was, if her memories were to come back he would ruin all her happiness. Not to mention the baby. Gajeel could never get back with Levy, now that she’s pregnant. But she did look even more beautiful, pregnant, glowing, she was perfection. The way how she looked at her engagement ring in awe, Gajeel never noticed this before, but this was what she looked like when she was in love. And it was beautiful. He couldn’t take this away from her.

   “I should go,” Gajeel slowly said as he backed his way out of the kitchen. “Um, thanks,” he walked out of the house and slowly started making his way towards the east forests outside Magnolia. If anybody knew how to reverse the effects of the flower it would be Porlyusica.

   Gajeel had decided that no matter how happy Levy is now, she deserves to remember everything, the good times and the bad. Not only for Gajeel’s sake, but for her’s.

“And why should I tell you?! Aren’t you just a no good selfish human, only doing this for your own needs?” Porlyusica was not going to be easy to convince.

   “No, please, listen, this is for Levy, she deserves to remember,” Gajeel pleaded.

   “It’s very simple, actually, there is a trick to every curse, or spell, that is magic bound.”

   “What is it?” Gajeel barked.

   “How could you not know? Haven’t you ever read the fairy tales, ahh, foolish boy,”

   He was stumped, why in the hell would he read unless he had to.

3 ½ years ago

   “Next Gajeel, is Sleeping Beauty,” she smiled holding up an enormous book full of Grimm’s Fairy Tales.

   “Oh, come on Levy, I hate Fairy Tales, they’re stupid. They can’t even ever come true.”

   “Fairy Tales are more than true, they not only teach us that dragon’s exist, but that they can be beaten,” she quoted opening the book.

   “But Dragons did exist,” he looked at her.

   “It’s not about real dragons but, the dragons that are in your mind, or heart,”

   “Hmmp, stupid,” he muttered.

   Once Levy finished the story, as it ended with True Love’s kiss, Gajeel was even madder. “See, that is also not how magic works, curses can’t just break with ‘True Love’s Kiss’, that’s ridiculous,”

   “Whatever you say,” Levy reached over and kissed him on his cheek. “Maybe if I kiss you more, you wouldn’t be such a bigot.”

   “Yeah, maybe,”   

Present Day

   “True Love’s Kiss,” Gajeel finally answered.

   “Yeah, but it only counts if the feeling’s mutual,” Porlyusica answered.

   “How is she supposed to fall in love with me again?” Gajeel asked himself once again stumped.

   Getting angry Porlyusica, replied, “How am I supposed to know? God know’s why she fell in love with you the first time! Sure enough she can fall in love with you again! Now scram, I’m getting sick just looking at you,”

   “Thanks, old lady,” Gajeel muttered leaving her tree house.

   “What’d you call me?!”