Dear Gajeel- Fairy Tail Fanfiction (Gajeel X Levy)

“I finally understand what true love meant… Love meant that you care for another person’s happiness more than your own, no matter how painful the choices you face might be,” – Dear John, Nicholas Sparks

Letter 87    

                    Dear Gajeel,

          It has been three years since you have last returned to Fairy Tail. This will be the 87th and last letter that I write to you, and it kills me. I have been staring that this black page for three weeks now not knowing how I should tell you, that I have given up on us. I have decided it was time to move on, and to be with somebody else. I believed that I should not be any more egocentric, and at least tell you this.

          I haven’t heard from you since your last letter two years ago, and nobody knows where you are. Nobody knows if you’re dead or alive, and you don’t want to come back.

          But no matter where you are, Gajeel, I will always love you.

                                                Love,

                                                          Levy

Within seconds of reading that Gajeel’s hands were full of shredded up paper.

          “Two years?!” he shouted.

          “It’s been two years?” Panther Lily grimly repeated. “We have to go back Gajeel! You have to go back and be with Levy!” Panther Lilly exclaimed flying up and all over Gajeel’s face.

          “Didn’t you read the letter?” He bellowed turning the other direction, “SHE – FOUND- SOMEBODY- ELSE!”

          “I did read it but, Gajeel, she still loves you!” the exceed followed him as he was just so furious he was getting irritated at the flying cat. “Please return to Fairy Tail with me, please don’t give up on her just because she gave up on you,”

          Just as much as Gajeel wanted to, he didn’t want to. He had this vivid fantasy of punching Jett or Droy in the face and sweeping the damsel in distress off her feet, where she would instantly return back to being his. However it then followed by another realistic nightmare that once Gajeel got there Levy is absolutely torn up and wants nothing to do with him. Causing even more damage than never seeing Levy ever again.

          “Well, I’m going back,” Panther Lilly faced the opposite direction of Gajeel, towards the guild. “I’m still a Fairy Tail wizard,”

          Gajeel grazed his rough calloused hand over his guild mark. It’s still there, he’d thought. He’d thought maybe that psychotic, scientist, got rid of it when he was trying to test Gajeel’s dragon slayer magic for two years inside of tube. But no, even after being inside an incubator for two years, and being completely helpless, Gajeel’s Fairy Tail insignia was right where he left it.

          “Wait, Lily,” Gajeel turned around, “I’m a Fairy Tail wizard too,”

3 ½ years before

          The small lady pushing up her reading glasses with one hand while holding a pen in the other.

          “Whatcha doin there Levy?” her blonde haired friend asked approaching her from behind noticing she was working on some sort of documents.

          “I’ve decided, since my resent advancement to an S-Class wizard, that I could finally accord my own place, so I’m filling out the paper work right now.”

          Suddenly a red haired mage stopped, “Wait, Levy don’t tell me you’re leaving Fairy Hills,” Erza gasped.

          Levy pulled the glasses off of her face as she explained, “Sorry, Erza, it’s just I’m running out of room for all of my books, and I like the peace, please don’t worry I’ll come over and bring you all of my romance novels,”

          “When are you moving in?” Lucy asked sitting next to Levy at the bar.

          “As soon as I give this to my new landlord,” she answered putting her glassed back on and continued to fill out the paper work.

          Erza then sat down on the other side of Levy, “Are you sure you didn’t move so that you could have more privacy with a certain dragon slayer?”

          Almost everybody knew what the buzz around Fairy Tail was about Gajeel and Levy, and all the time they’ve spent together. Her obvious feelings for him and him trying to desperately hide any sort of emotion he has towards her.

          “Why would I need privacy while spending time with Wendy? Or Natsu,” Levy was trying to be oblivious to the only relevant dragon slayer in her love life.  But her face turning read couldn’t have fooled anybody.

          “Ahh, come on Levy, we all know how you feel about Gajeel,” now Mirajane suddenly added instantly appearing before Levy.

          “Now, Mirajane’s in on it too!” Levy whined banging her head on the wooden bar counter.

          She had given up, there was no way she could hide it from her friends.

          “Why don’t you get Gajeel to help you move your stuffy over? I’m sure he’d help you,” Lucy recommended slowly creeping closer towards Levy.

          Levy ran her fingers through her blue hair as she continued to play with the soft strands, she finally said, “No, it’s alright, I don’t want to impose on him,”               

          “Impose on who?” a sudden deep muffle came from behind Levy.

          She jumped up knowing exactly who was behind her slowly turning around, and as she turned around she suddenly realized her ‘friends’ where nowhere to be found.

          “Oh, don’t worry about it,” she smiled pulling her hair back and turning back around as her face suddenly got hot.

          And that’s exactly what Gajeel did, he sat next to Levy as he asked for a drink and a plate of scraps of iron. Once Mirajane served him his order he started peering over Levy looking at what piece of paper she was so fixated on.

          “What’s that,” he muffled mouth full of metal.

          “Oh, I’m moving to a new apartment,” she answered starting to calm down.

          “Oh,” he simply answered going back to his meal.

          “Um… do you want to help me move in? I kind of have a ton of books,” she finally managed to choke out realizing the worst thing he could say was fuck no, I don’t want to see your ugly ass face again, but there was no chance of him saying that.

          “Um, yeah,” he shook his head yes, as Levy stood up, pulling the glasses off of her face. Boy she sure looked beautiful today, he’d thought. She was just perfect, he wouldn’t alter her for anything. Sweet chestnut eyes that could see through almost anything and could also hope for the best. Sky blue locks, his favorite color of blue that never failed to fall effortlessly off her head. Her willingness to never give up, always showed through her brilliant smile.

  It always confused Gajeel, as to why he was always the one she wanted to spend any free time with, she is a goddess compared to him and the things he’d done to her.

He stuffed the iron in his mouth as he stepped up, probably looking like a mess, while watching perfection in his primary view. “Right now?” he wondered once his face wasn’t full of iron.

She giggled preciously, “Well, once I get these papers to my landlord, then we can go back to Fairy Hills and get all of my books.”

“Sounds like a plan,” he agreed letting her lead the way as she trotted in front of him.