Chapter 1

Hi people reading. This is my first thing I've written on here so forgive me if I'm a bit slow or if there's anything wrong! I'm also a stickler for editing and making sure everything is perfect punctually, so if there is anything wrong- please tell me and I will slap myself! It's set just after the Nanana (nanananana) and SING videos by MCR- and yes, the band are some of the main characters in this story! Also, even though I wish I did, I don't own My Chemical Romance, or the music videos that inspired this story. Hope you enjoy this, I've rambled on for too long now! Here you go!...

Yara's POV

I opened my eyes to see what accompanied the dusty smells wafting around the open area I lay in, but because the sun shone so brightly I couldn't and had to close them again. After another few minutes, I tried again and inched my eyelids open a centimetre at a time. Dry, bedraggled plants adorned the empty, barren landscape around me. Electricity pylons were dotted along the sandy roads, leading into the distance. There was nothing else. However, I was situated on a large hill, so as I got up, it turned out that I could see just one lonely building in the distance- a few miles away. I started my journey toward shelter from the sweltering sun.

Gerard's POV

It was such an effort not to just spring from the floor and shoot Korse for all he has done to us. I could see Mikey twitching on the floor and I made eye contact and signalled not to move. He wanted the same thing as me; revenge. Frank had stayed in to try and kill more Scarecrows, feuled by a rage I understood, but only in a certain way. He believed me and Mikey were dead, he should have known better. Although we are rebels, against BL/industries , we use their weapons against them. So the chips Dr Deathdefying (Dr D.) had implanted into our bodies had obviously worked as me and Mikey were still alive but Frank hadn't believed in them since the start, so he was 'avenging us' without reason. But just seconds after Ray had escaped with Missile Kid, and Frank had become a matyr and stayed behind, he fell. I saw Dr D.'s van career around the corner, and pick up Missile Kid. Ray was 'dead' on the bonnet of our car. Man, I love that car. When we escape this, I'm so getting it back!

Ray's POV

I saw Korse throw the sheet over Gerard with a satisfied grin. Out of all of us, he had hated Gerard the most. He was the brains behind everything. Me and Mikey are the muscle- well, I'm muscle, Mikey's martial arts, no muscle on him! Frank, the prankster. Oh, and he's great at hacking and stealing.Although we had our own specialities, we were all equal and no one was better than the other.

Korse is so blind. He didn't notice Gerards laughing smirk as the sheet drifted down over his face. He was probably too wrapped up in his own reward. He said something, and all the Scarecrows followed him out of the room, leaving Gerard, Mikey and Frank. All I had to do then was wait.

Frank's POV

Korse strolled down the empty corridor with his followers on his heels, head held high. I dispised that man with a passion. He was known for his unexpected decisions and choices, so that meant no one could decipher what was next. But he was also so sure of himself that he didn't bother checking Gerards breathing! Idiot! I heard a door slam, and Gerard shot up, grinning like a maniac.

Mikey's POV

I could barely keep myself from laughing the whole time Korse was there! Luckily, all he could focus on was Gerard so I got away with pulling some insane faces meant to compensate for laughing; it worked, by the time he was gone I was almost calm. I heard a door close, its echo sounding though the room. Gerard leapt up, his smile radiating cheerful content. I pulled myself up and helped pull Frank body up, his legs limp from the side-effects of the chip that he never tested. His fault! I could see Ray watching us and I nodded at him. He slipped of the car bonnet and strolled over to the glass doors with extreme caution as we were still on enemy territory.

Gerard's POV

This wasn't the end of our battle with Korse, not by far. But we could still enjoy our newfound freedom before he discovered we were gone. I looked at my greatest friends, and thought about how much we had been through together. When we first met, seventeen years ago- we had started a band. The years before BL/industries came into power we made music telling people that it was okay to be what you wanted to be, not what someone else wanted you to be. It wasn't just something we said to get more people to like us, we believed it. The fact that we hadn't succumbed to the enemy showed that. Dr D. would take Missile Kid back to her mom, and although I already missed her madly I knew it was for the best. I also knew that when we set off on this mission, that we wouldn't be going back. Me and Dr D. agreed that it would be safer for all of us if we split up. Him and the rest of the Killjoys would have moved to another Safe Place by now.

Ray was now here so all we had to do was collect our weapons(and a few more) and get out of here! The gang were already picking up their initial guns and I slipped mine into its sheath.

"Lets get out of here!" I cried, suddenly having an urge to drive down the long, barren roads leading to nowhere and everywhere.

"Hell yeah!" Franks weak cry made me laugh. Why he didn't trust those micro-chips, I just don't know. He wouldn't even let Dr D. plant one in him, so Ray had to do it while Frank was asleep; I'm afraid of needles, Mikey would have got too excited and done it wrong, and Dr D. believes strongly in free will, but if Frank was shot at, we'd rather him be alive. So Ray got the position.

"Frank, I don't think we'll be doing anything physical these next few days, so when we get to our next Safe Place, we'll rest."

Mikey gave me a strange look. "Our next Safe Place? Arn't we going back to Dr D. ?"

Shit.

"Guys, me and Dr D. decided that it would safer if we all moved. Korse probably has trackers following Missile Kid and the rest in the van right now. They'll get away, I don't doubt that for a second, but it's better if we split with them. We have the transmissions so we'll be in contact but we won't tell each other where we are. That way, if Korse finds either of us, he can't brainwash us into giving out precious information. You see guy-"

"Alright, alright Gerard! We get it! Can we just leave already?!" Mikey groaned.

"Yeah, sorry."