Nothing Without You (All of Me- John Legend)

2 weeks later

.:ALEX:. 

"Please just get out if bed already"he begged 

I groaned into my pillow, pulling the sheets over my head

"C'mon I promised Sarah Id make sure you go to school" I slowly sit up and shake the hair off of my face

"then why isn't Sarah here to take me?"Andrew shrugs running a hand  through his straight blonde hair, I meet his gaze not evan caring that I look like a homeless person 

"Fine then" I kick off the covers in pure annoyance and march over to the closet me and Matt share, I pull out a white and black shirt and some light colored skinny jeans. 

Looking up I find myself staring at matts clothes- specifically his signature black Hurley jacket.

The one I'd first spotted him in English last year. I can't help but let the tears come to my eyes. Memories come flooding back like a wave and it's hard to keep my ground.

Slowly wiping them away I reach up and pull it off the hanger. Squeezing it to my chest and breathing in his hideous smell of axe. 

More tears as I remembered him hugging me to his chest whenever I felt down. I slip it on letting the baggy fabric flow over my arms. I flipped the hoodie over my head and sat down to put on my boots. 

"Hey Alex you ready?" Andrew pops back in "yeah c'mon let's go" my voice is a little weak from almost breaking down but I still hope he doesn't notice.

Once I step outside the cold air hits my lips and in habit I lick them trying to get circulation. "Here c'mon" he opens the door- helping me in before getting in himself.

"Look Alex" he turns toward me "I know we're not that close but I'm here for you, in whatever you need..okay?" Memories of me having a crush on him come to mind and I feel my cheeks heat up

"Thanks Andrew that really means a lot to me " he looks over at me, our gaze meets and he reaches toward me hugging me with all his might .

Well more like suffocating 

It somehow felt good, to finally have someone to let me hold and to let me come out to.

And before I could evan say anything my hormones decided it was time to start the waterworks.

"Oh Alex- it's going to be fine," his voice cracks "he's a fighter, you'll see he'll be fine " but just as I look up I see a tear roll down his face.

"You know it's okay for a guy to cry right?" I question teasingly trying to wipe the mess of tears of my face

"That's for sissys " he laughs wiping it away and giving me one last squeeze

"He'll get thorough this Alex.. I 

promise"

~~~~~~~~

Lunch was absolute hell. The cold November wind lashed at me like a bullwhip. I usually sat inside with Matt but today I decided to sit outside with Andrew and his group of friends.

"You sure you don't want my letterman jacket,I have another jacket in my locker anyways."

"That's weird Andrew-'that's a girlfriend thing" I lift an eyebrow, letting a huge shudder go through my body, he sighs at my stubbornness 

"Just take it Alex, Matt would kill me if I let you freeze" he takes it off and wraps it sort of just on top of matts Hurley jacket.

"Ugh thanks" I ruffle his hair as I pull it tighter around me.

"Don't mention it" just then the bell rings and everyone starts leaving to class 

"Take care of yourself Alex- catch ya later" he kisses the top of my forehead and races off to catch up to his buddies 

I sighed as I made my way to class

Usually school was bearable and I could concentrate and get my stuff done but lately all I could do was spend countless hours thinking about how Matt wasn't awake yet.

And it always brought the weight of bricks back onto my chest

Life was meaningless without him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After school I meet Andrew by his car, handing him back his jacket.

"Thanks again"

"Anything for a friend, now how about we go get some food at mcdonalds? " 

I shook my head "I want to go see Matt" I look out the window just hearing Andrew sigh, 

"Alex this isn't healthy for you, torturing yourself by seeing Matt every day-" he pauses "you have to start getting used to the fact that he might not wake up" anger boiled inside me faster then it ever had

"DONT YOU DARE SAY THAT, NOT EVER AGAIN! He's going to wake up!! I just know it!!" I screamed at him trembling with anger as I said it, trying to hold back tears that were brimming in my eyes.

"You're right, you're right but this whole- sort of depression state do you think Matt would've wanted you to be like this?" I closed my eyes trying to think what he'd say. He'd be ashamed, pissed probably that I was doing this to myself... But I couldn't help myself... I just couldn't 

"Fine fine I'll try to not be so mopey now can we please just go to the hospital" He nods without another word

Once we reach the hospital he drops me off at the front doors. "Call me when you want me to come pick you up" I nod and wave as he drives off, a worried expression still chiseled Into his face.

I walk in and grab my sticker giving me access to his floor. Once I step out of the elevator onto matts floor it's like a mad rush. People are moving a little faster, speaking a little bit quicker, and signaling with more movement. I start slowly towards his room that is close to the very end of the hall. 

And that's when my heart stops.

About a half a dozen doctors and nurses are buzzing around his room talking in a blurred rush and making signals that I have no idea what to make of. He's gone, is my first thought, then I think that he might be alive and he's just in a bad state. 

I start running in trying to catch one last glimpse of my beautiful ALIVE Matthew. As I burst in I hear doctors murmuring questions and a very familiar voice answering them.

"Any pain, dizziness, blindness" 

"No just please call my girlfriend, I need to talk to her!" I push aside people making my way to his bed, practically crying. "MATTHEW!" 

His eyes scan the room for my voice, a huge grin leaps onto his face in the process.

"Alex!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel Like it was very anticlimactic but I've been battling with my Depression lately and it's hard to write soo be patient , the few of you who read this. :) 

Thanks everyone

-Mari