Being dead is not my style

3 weeks later
*Fandral*
I slowly open my eyes as the warm light shines through the window. And as every morning my first thought is, so this is it, this is what it's like being dead. I stretch and yawn as I sit up in the giant bed. It made from the finest oak wood and dreped in blue silk. I guess not bad for ones eternat resting place.
The room is bigger and more lavish than the one I had in the palace in Asgaard, so one could say that after life in Valhalla isn't to bad. Not materialisticly anyway.
"Don't go Fandral". A soft sleepy voice sounds from my left side and a slim hand slide up my chest as the cute brunette leans over, tangling her legs with mine. "Stay a little longer".
What was her name again ? She is one of the servant girls cleaning the rooms and serving the food. I am not even sure what she is, dead, alive.. maybe they are like the valkyries. It doesn't really matter I guess. It is nothing but a distraction.
"Oydis don't think he is all yours". The small blonde on my right says. That was her name, Oydis and the blond was Toril. The redhead still sleaping was called Maarit. The blonde leaned in purring in my ear. "But she is right, stay a little longer Fandral".
I untangle myself from them, sending them a warm smile. "Sorry ladies, I got things to do. But please stay as long as you need".
They whine and pout as I pull on my clothes, blowing them a kiss before leaving the room. Walking down the hallway I sigh, looking in one of the big mirrors. Why do I even do this ? Truth is I am bored, being dead is boring as hell. I am seeking to distract my mind, to quince some kind of hunger burning inside me, but so far, no luck.. nothing seems to help and I am starting to wonder if all of eternity will feel like this.
As I make my way into the grand hall, I spot Volstagg and Hogun at a table and makes my way there. At least I have friends here. "Morning gentlemen".
"Morning ? Volstagg is already on his second breakfast". Hogun says, looking up from his book. "But I guess it was late before you got to sleep".
"Brunch Hogun, it is called brunch". Volstagg says putting a piece of bacon in his mouth. "So Fandral was it the blonde, the brunette or the redhead that keept you up half the night ?"
I flop down at the table, waving a serving girl over, giving her my order. "Or ? What on earth do you mean by or Volstagg, I had no idea I needed to choose".
Volstagg throws his head back laughing happily and slaps me on the shoulder. Hogun just shakes his head and return to his book.
The girl returns with the food and I start eating. I am not sure I actually need to eat, being dead and such. But it gives a sense of normality. "So what are your plans for today ?"
"Well lunch, then afternoon snacks and then dinner and maybe a small night munchie". Volstagg says and Hogun just holds up his book.
They seem content with doing this every day and I am starting to wonder if it is me that there are something wrong with. "Don't you miss doing something ?"
"Like what ? Going through the servent girls half a dozen at a time ?" Hogun asks from behind his book and Volstagg laughs, slapping my shoulder again.
"No, like I don't know.. doing something. Go on quests, figthing.. being alive ?" I say running a hand through my hair.
Volstagg loooks at his plate of food, then he shrugs. "Well not really I think. I mean we are dead. We did good enough to get into Valhalla. We have done our part. Now it is time to relax".
"Well I will go do something, anything.. See you". I get up, leaving my food half eaten. Volstagg will probably finish it of. I need to do something, I am slowly going insane with boredom here. Dead just doesn't sit will with me, I can't be content with eating or reading books all day.
At least I still have my trusted sword Fimbuldraugr and I find a quiet place in one of the gardens, training my swordmanship. Trying to keep sharp. Not that I am going to use it again. But it gives me something to do and it clears my mind.
I pressur myself on speed, pushing for faster moves. It feels good to move, to feel the movements and the weight of the sword. I am so focused that I don't hear the man before he clears his throat right behind me. "Master Fandral, Odin has summond thee".
"Okay, thank you". I say watching the man leave. What does the old king want with me ? I sheet me sword and makes my way towards the throne room.
I have always been loyal to Asgaard and to the throne, so much that Thor used to tease me, telling me my name should have been Fandral the loyal, and Loki started calling me Fandral the lap dog. I roll my eyes at the memory. But honestly I don't agree with a lot of things Odin did and he isn't exactly my favorite person.
"Fandral just the man I wanted to see". Odin's voice greets me as I enter the throne room. "Come here, come here, we got things to discuss".
"Your Majesty was is it you want from me ?" I ask, kneeling before the throne as expected. Thinking that Odin seems in an unsual good mood today.
He waves for me to stand up. "Let me tell you something Fandral, after Asgaard was destroyed even the dead seem to have grown lazy. Except you. You have been keeping your skills sharp. That is why I called you here. I need your help".
"My help ? With what your Highness ? I couldn't really see what need he could have of my fighting skills here in Valhalla.
He nods and smile, like he know what I am thinking. "I might be dead, but I still holds some powers. As you probably know Asgaard was destroyed by Sutur and the rest of the Asgardians left on a spaceship with my sons".
"I've heard about it yes". I say, feeling a sting of pain not being able to defend my home. "What is it that you want me to do sire ?"
He smiles, knowing that I am as always ready to do what is asked for me. "I need to find out were they are. And the only one that can track them is Eric Selvig of Midgaard, I need you to go down to Midgaard and find him".