Torre Cesme

Elentiya was really really excited. As in, probably the most excited she had ever been. Ever since she had learnt that she could heal people, she had wanted to do it properly. She was happy to have the chance. Especially since she knew lots of people who didn't. She was nervous, too though. Not in the way when you feel like you're going to vomit. But excited and a little hyper, too.

She wandered the streets in awe. She had never seen anywhere like this - it was just so different. Not only was it hotter, but just seemed brighter, too. She could easily see the Torre, though, and made her way towards it. People were babbling in a language she didn't know. This again. She hoped the head healer - Hafiza - could speak the common tongue. It would be difficult if she didn't.

The tower was central, and clearly ancient, but lacked grandeur. Not lacked, exactly. It was like it just wasn't necessary. She spent a moment before the huge doors, barely noticing the guards, before pushing through. It was like entering another world. There were women everywhere (though she spotted a few men) laughing and talking and studying. No one noticed her,  or treated her in the way she was used to in Terrasen and hated. Here she was just another girl.

After asking directions, she found Hafiza's office. It wasn't a particularly ornate door, but it held power. What if she wasn't wanted here? Taking a deep breath, she knocked on the door.

"Come in," was the muffled reply. She reluctantly entered; she had been excited earlier, but now she just felt sick (She took back what she had thought earlier!). An old(ish) woman sat behind a desk, but there was a light in her eyes. As if she might not be quite as frail as she first seemed.
"Good afternoon, child. What is your name?" Her voice was soft and soothing.
"I'm Elentiya Galathynius. My mother wrote?"
"Ah - yes. I did not expect you to be so young."
"I'll work just as hard as everyone else - harder! Please, just give me a chance." The last words came out as a whine. The past hour's anxiety just flooded out. She really hoped she wouldn't cry. Of course she wouldn't; she was good at pretending.
"Of course you shall be given the chance, as everyone else is." It was... okay. She was being given this oppotunity. Gods - gods. It was all fine now.

Her room was basic - a bed and a wardrobe. But it was warm and clean. She liked it, actually. In a different way to how she liked her room in Orynth. She would be able to concerntrate here. Anyway, she would hopefully be learning most of the time. She wouldn't need her room in the same way as she did at home. Because Terrasen was still home.

It was only lunchtime, but she was so tired. Nothing official would happen till tomorrow, so maybe she could sleep, just for a little while. So she collapsed on the bed and allowed her eyes to close...