Chapter 2 - Zombie or Friend?

Sam's POV:

  'Tutorial commencing. Ready your weapons.'

    "This thing doesn't listen!" I growl at the machine. I'm so tempted to kick it. But I manage to refrain from doing so, though just barely.

    "What kind of tutorial!" Savanah screeches at the screen, shaking the tv back an forth.

    "Savanah, I don't think that's a-"  Vienna starts, trying to calm down her anxiety filled friend.

    Crash!

    "...good idea." I finish with a sigh.

    "Well, looks like there's no going back now!" Susy smiles, readying her crowbar for whatever faces us on the other side of the door.

    Bang!

    We all tense as the door jerks violently from the force. The door continues to jerk again an again, and soon groaning and moaning can be heard.

    "Doesn't sound like there are many." Alex mutters under his breath. "I'm guessing four at most."

    "And just how do you know?" I ask and he shrugs.

    "Call me crazy, but I just have a feeling."

    "Guys, pay attention!" Vienna calls out as the banging suddenly stops.

    'Tutorial Complete'

Tension rises in the air and I tighten my grip on my cleaver. What did it mean the tutorial was complete. We hadn't even started. I freeze when I notice the doorknob suddenly starts to turn, slowly and we all ready our weapons.

    Slam!

    "Arrrgh!" We all to find out a battle cry as we rush forwards to attack the zombies...only to find they aren't zombies. Ok, correction. The zombies were dead on the ground and there standing in front of us were four boys.

    "Woah, there!" A heavily western accented voice halts us as they raise their weapons and we stop. "Now just what is a groupof pretty lookin' girls like yall doin' in this dingy basement?"

    "It's not that bad!" Vienna protests with a frown and I roll my eyes.

    "Who are you?" Savanah questions, a frown on her face.

    "I-...woah." The blonde haired, freckled boy appears shocked, a blush appearing on his face before he shakes his head. "I'm Ace, M'lady." he takes Savanah's hand an presses a quick kiss to her knuckles while sending her a wink.

    "I'm Codex." A British voice introduces, the voice's owner which happened to be another blonde boy says bowing. "Prince Charming over here got the position of leader...sadly."

    "Hey! What's that supposed ta' mean!?" He questions sending a mild glare at the other blonde.

    "Exactly what it's supposed to mean, wanker." he sticks his tongue out and Ace just grumbles. "I was given the position of Brains." we all perk up at this.

    "So wait, you're the one that can find the cure!" Susy gasps, and the Brit just nods.

    "Anyway this is Thorn." A silver haired boy smiles, waving shyly at us. "He got the position of Getaway Driver. Oh and this is-"

    "Tengu." an intimidating asian male finishes, and I can already tell we probably won't get on very well.

    "He got the position of-"

    "Speed Fighter." Tengu interrupts an Codex just nods with a sigh.

    "Although he can be kind of quiet, he is a great fighter." Oliver chuckles. "Bet us to the zombies before we can even get down the stairs. So how about you girls-"

    "And boy!" Alex pipes up, straightening his posture and ruffling a hand through his hair in an attempt at what I'm guessing is flirting.

    "Right, sorry lad." The Brit apologies. "Who might you girls, and boy be?" emphasising boy.

    "I'm Indigo." I say before the others can introduce themselves. "I got the position of Weapon's Expert." Thorn seems impressed by this and I just choose to push the fact aside, he probably thought girls were all about fashion and stuff.

    "An' how about this pretty lady?" Ace smirks gazing intensly at Savanah.

    "I uh...Mercury. I'm the team's Medic." she says, a heavy blush on her face at the male's flirting.

    "Such a beautiful name for a beautiful lady." I want to barf. Could this guy be any more obvious.

    "I'm Alpha. Demolitionist, so don't mess with me." Susy cuts in, sliding in front of Savanah so that Ace was forced to stop his flirting. "And don't you even think about it player. I got my eyes on you." she points her pointer an index finger to her eyes before directing them at the said boy.

    "I'm Gamma Ray. Nice to meet you." Vienna smiles at them politely. "I got assigned the position of Craftsman." the boys just nod as Alex takes a few steps forwards.

    "And I'm...Alex." he says flipping his hair over his shoulder. "Don't wear it out." he winks at Oliver before walking past the boys, only to trip over a corpse of the leftover zombies. "I meant to do that." we all laugh.