Chapter 8 - Glitch in the System

Susy's POV:

"Guys! There's a circus! Can we go!? Can we!?" I scream, appearing between Thorn and Codex as Thorn slams on the brakes, earning a chorus of curses an screams from everyone in the back seats and on the roof as they're sent tumbling to the floor, well all except Sam who's the only one wearing a seatbelt.

"Seatbelts save lives!" Sam shouts as everyone grumbles before untangling themselves from the floor to sit back down in their seats along the side of the van. I push myself up from Codex's arms which saved me from flying through the windshield.

"What the hell happened? I almost went flying to the gravel road!" Vienna screeches from the roof.

"Sorry! I was...distracted!" Thorn responds out the window, before Vienna hangs her head down to look through the side window.

"So what's all the commotion about?" She asks and I point to the sign outside of the opposite window that displayed a spray painted circus' advertisement. "Ah, Susy's addiction to creepy ass circuses must be resurfacing." the boys only look to her for an explanation. "It's her aesthetic."

"Exactly why we need to go! Also it might be fun, we deserve a small break after what's all happened to us." I say and the group look to each other, muttering unsure. "Come on! I'll be silent....for a few hours!" I plead and Codex sighs.

"Fine. Thorn, think you can get us there?" Thorn just scoffs.

"Can I."

"Yes, can you?"

"Of course I can!"

Boys.

-x-

"It's beautiful! Just look at it!" I squeal, a mad giggle bubbling up from my throat as I run over to the chipped and faded cut out of a few clowns as I stick my head through one of the holes.

"Stop! I hate clowns!" Carrington grumbles and I just grin before running over to the ticket booth, to see a zombie in a pinstripe red and white uniform.

"Tickets for...5 girls, and 5 boys please." To my surprise the ticket dispenser actually dispenses the tickets.

"Ok, I say we get the hell out of here!" Ace suggests. Savanah and Sam are quick to agree.

"No way! This is just getting good!" I feel adrenaline begin to course through my veins as I snatch the tickets up and start giving them out to my team. "Alright. Let's do this!"

-x-

"Oh my gosh! Guys check this out!" I laugh as I urge the rest of my group to hurry along. Once they arrive at the entrance to the main tent I step aside to show them the group of zombies performing circus stunts. One which was dressed in a magicians tailcoat and get up was sawing a female assistant in half. Another was breathing fire...though I'm pretty sure it wasn't on purpose. And yet another dressed up in full clown makeup and outfit was driving a small ass car in circles.

"This is fucking messed up." Ace mutters shuddering. "Why'd it have to be a circus...and zombie clowns out of all things."

"What? Are you scared of clowns cowboy?" when he just grumbles I chuckle.

'Attention audience! Please take a seat as the show will be starting soon!'

A guys voice rings from invisible speakers, though it isn't the usual voice stating our missions.

"I don't think we should stick around." Savanah comments.

"I agree. It might be a trap." Thorn pipes up and I just roll my eyes before walking over and grabbing a stick of cotton candy from the zombie vender.