Chapter Twenty Eight

Harley Quinn’s POV

I could hear the sounds of a struggle from outside of the security room. The noises made it clear…Batman and the Boy Brat had arrived.

“Attention, Attention!” I hollered into the microphone of the intercom system.

“Patient #1, Batman, has arrived home! Let’s show him a warm welcome boys!”

I lifted my finger off of the button and set the microphone down. Watching over the security cameras, I could see our Joker gang was getting their butts handed to them! Keeping the mission Mr. J had given me in mind, I exited the security control room and once again made my way down Arkham’s halls.

La di da di da, di da, La di da di da

I skipped down the hallways. Oh Mr. J would be so proud of me, once I completed my mission. I made it back to the front entrance way. Swarms of members of the Joker gang laid unconscious on the floor. I rolled my eyes, what failures!

Freeze guy…or whatever, was firing his icy gun thing at B-man, and missing. Bird brain, Robin, was struggling to avoid Bane. I found myself wanting a box of popcorn.

I waited for Phase Two of my secret mission to begin. I felt a little tap on my shoulder and looked into the prettiest green eyes, even prettier than Ivy’s. They were part of a cute little girl’s face, who wore make up just like mine.

“C’mon kid” I said grabbing her by the arm and running past Batsy and Robin.

“Annie!” Robin shouted as we ran by. He stopped tussling with Bane and chased after us.

“Robin, no!” Batman shouted in response, but it was too late, Robby-Poo was already chasing after us.

Bait accepted.

Robin’s POV

“Is that all you got, nino?” Bane taunted as he hurled his massive fist at me. I flipped out of the way, narrowly avoiding becoming a pancake.

Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw her. Harley had her by the wrist and they were running down one of Arkham’s many hallways.

“Annie!” I yelled after her.

She didn’t even turn around. I evaded Bane for one last time and began running after her. Harley turned around for a split second and noticed I was following her.

“Come and get it, Robby” She taunted.

I smiled, she thought she would get away but I knew that I could run faster.

As she and “Jester” turned the corner, I sprinted as fast as I could, I knew I was going to catch them. But as I turned the corner I was struck over the head with something very, very heavy. My eyes started to swell shut as I fell to the ground and started going unconscious. I knew I had been played.

As I looked up to see my attacker, I noticed Harley’s grip on Jester’s arm loosened and the girl transformed into a giant blob of clay…Clayface. He had somehow gotten free from when Batman and I met him at the docks.

I tried to remain conscious but it was no use. I had gotten myself captured and I hadn’t managed to save Annie. Now I had to hope Batman could somehow pull off one of his miracles to save us both. My heavy eyes finally slammed shut.

Jester’s POV.

I followed behind Joker, not saying a word, until we reached the intensive treatment area of Arkham. As we walked, I looked down at my hands. They were shaking and I couldn’t understand why. My veins had a strong green tint underneath my painted white skin.