Chapter 4

We all piled into a limo, Kitsune nudged me with her elbow in the ribs. I looked over from the window, she grinned widely. I smiled halfly back.mher smile faded into a concerned look, I shrugged and looked back out the window until I saw the mansion. I got butterflies in my stomach. I looked all around th limo, Ace was puzzled, I didn't know why. Spade huffed as he seen the house too. I bit my lip and Kitsune patted my shoulder in a reassuring manner. We pulled to a stop, and got out. Claire waited at the top of the stairs, smiling like an idiot waving as if she was in a crowd. I trudge up slowly. She met me half way and pulled me on talking the whole time, " well I had a dress made, flowers are done, stylists are waiting and I took the liberty of inviting your brother-" I stopped "you did what?" my heart pounded. I hadn't spoke to my brother in 30 years, I had avoided contact, he didn't know, and now that I was supposed to be 47, I don't look over 17. I don't know how I was supposed to explain that? Or the no contact? My disappearance that night? Well this is lovely. "I called your brother, Sean, he's coming, his car should be here in five minutes, the wedding is in 3 hours, is there something wrong?"

YES! THERE IS A LOT WRONG!!! YOU DONT REALIZE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! MY WORLD IS GOING tO FALL APART!!!! I screamed in my head, but I replied "no, of course not, now uh, the dress?" she grabbed my arm again And we continued to walk "yes, the fitting room is in here." she pushed me in and shut the door behind her. In the middle of the room stood an old lady with thread, needles, and pins on a table. she pulled out a small wooden box. "come here dear, and stand on this while I get the dress." I nodded and she went into a small extended room. Coming out with a slick, silk, white dress. "put this on dear, and I'll see where it needs to take it in or out." I went behind a woofer dress curtain, I put it on came out and looked in the full body mirror. It was gorgeous. I walked over to the pedlestool. She stood back and examined it. She decided she didn't need to alter it. "thank you." I told her, she nodded and sent in the make up artist and hair stylist. Oh lord, I slipped out of the dress and into my other clothes, behind the curtian. I walked out and sat in a chair while they set up their stations chatting on and popping gum. A man started examine my hair, and played with it. "curls definitely, sweetie, you have the perfect hair for them." I smiled and he went to work. After he was done, the make up artists started comparing my tones, colors and so on. Finally when it was all done, I was turned around to see it, I looked like a new person, definitely not Reece Moon. Well, I was soon to be Reece Alister. As I was examining the transofmation, Kitsune walked in, more like creeped in, "um Reece, your brother is right outside the do-" he came in. I froze, "hello, Reece." I couldn't talk, my brother looked exactly the same as he did 30 years ago. He smiled "yes I know everything, and I have stories of my own to share, but let's not dwell on the past, how are you?" I didn't move. "speechless huh? Yes well as matters stand, i see Im not the only one who uses age reducing cream." he cracked a smile.

"I guess not." I was finally able to speak. My brother, didn't look a day over 19. This as much as I've seen in the years, surprised me. "what's your story?" I asked. "not much of one, made a deal with a witch. I bring her child, she gives me eternal youth." "but, why? Why would you want any of this?" he smiled and walked away from the door. " well, after my sister went missing, I was determined to find her, I would give anything to have her back. I knew I wouldn't rest until I found you. I didn't know how long that would take, so I became immortal, making it my priority to find you at any costs. Honestly, after 30 years, I was beginning to lose faith you were still alive, until I got a call yesterday." I was about to cry. "now, your story?" I winced, "I'm a vampire." his eyes widened, " really?" I nodded. He pondered for a minute. " so I guess you got more than you bargained for the night you were supposed to be picking up Kit." I halfly smiled. In came Ace, Sean spoke " is this him?" I smiled, "no, that's his brother Ace." Sean nodded and shook Ace's hand introducing himself. They all talked, until Claire peeped in, "it's 5 minutes til time." I changed back into my dress and adjusted it. We walked out, the music started, and Sean walked me down the isle. Spade was waiting at the end on the alter. I smiled. So did he, my brother handed me off. I zoned out as the priest spoke, until I heard my part, "I do." I smiled. Spade repeated me. " you may now kiss the bride," the priest closed the bible. Spade and I kissed. The crowd cheered. We walked down the isle to the banquet area. Everyone there was a vampire, except Sean and Claire. They had human food, but I didn't eat. A butler walked over with a bottle of red liquid, and started to pour into my glass. "wait, is that blood?" he shook his head "no your highness it's red wine I assure you." I breathed and sipped. He wasn't lying. I thanked him and he left. I remembered he said your highness, I forgot I was now queen. That nervous feeling filled me. Spade sat beside me sensing my feelings. Without warning I was calm. I looked over and he smiled.

Later after we left I was so tired, I changed into shorts and a tank top for sleeping. Spade was in the shower, Kitsune, Ace, and Sean invaded my room sitting on my bed. "so you're married!" Ace squealed retardedly. I nodded. I noticed Kitsune was giggling, I didn't know why. "stop giggling!" I told her. She bowed "yes your majesty." I smacked her head. " don't call me that." we all laughed. Our chatting came to an end with Spade stepping in saying we need sleep. We could resume chatter tomorrow. They left grumbling. He crawled up next to me wrapping his arms around me. I smiled he whispered " goodnight Mrs. Alister, I love you." I kissed his nose "I love you too." he smiles and we dosed off..........