Chapter 3

This was not happening!!! I was not getting married in the morning! TOMORROW morning, I couldn't do it, I wouldn't do it. I loved Spade, but I can't. The past thirty years with him have been the best and the hardest times of my life. As these thoughts passed through my sleepless mind, I heard Spades melodic voice whisper. "please, go to sleep we have a big day tomorrow." I wriggled but his arm tightened around my waist pulling me closer. "I can't sleep." "why are you trying to get away from me?" he sat up now fully attentive towards me. "I'm not I'm just uncomfortable, and you won't let me move." he untightened his grip and gave me some freedom, not much, but enough to turn over. I turned over. He spoke again "something is bothering you Reece, and I want to know what it is." I turned all the way over and looked him "fine you want to talk, let's talk. I was told only hours ago that I was to be married in the morning, and consume blood that night, because my boyfriend, was going to be king. Now, explain to me how I'm supposed to sleep With that on my plate?"

He contemplated trying to find an answer to satisfy me, considering every pin he could step on with an answer. He sighed in defeat "I don't know but if you want I could-" I cut him off "no." his extra power was to control, manipulate, and inject feelings into them. As in the process, he could prod through your deepest thoughts and into the darkest corners of your mind. I was sure as hell not letting him take control over my mind. I knew everything about Spade, and trusted him, but when it came to my mind, I'd rather him not file through it, there is to much up there that could hurt him. "Okay, okay, I was just trying to help. Remind me not to do that again." he said Circling his arms around my waist. He leaned over and kissed my temple. "Reece, you know I love you, and will protect you, but you have to trust me sometimes, I wouldn't dare go places in your mind you didn't want me too. I have one goal, and that is to let you sleep at ease." I sighed, there was no way out of this wedding, I'm not sure that the small part of me that wanted out, could overwhelm my love for him. He was my everything, even on the dullest days, his gorgeous smile brightened it. I closed my eyes, waiting for myself to accept what was going to happen. "okay go ahead." he grinned and kissed my temple once again, as soon as he did, all stress, pain, and worry left me. I felt sleepy, I turned and nestled into his chest. He rested his chin on the top of my head, one arm wrapped around me, the other stroking my hair. He whispered, "go to sleep." I did as I was told with no arguement. I felt him dose off too.

I woke, it was in the early morning hours, judging by the sun, it was 5:30 a.m. I looked up a little to see Spade still sleeping soundly. I didn't want to disturb him, he looked so peaceful. My heart froze when I realized I was getting married this morning. My thoughts must have grabbed his attention through sleep, he awoke gentley, his eyes fluttering. "good morning." he whispered. I smiled, "how did you sleep?" he asked. "pretty good actually, I should have let you do that before." he grinned. "we have to find Ace and Kitty," I curled up, "please don't caller that it's weird." he grinned bigger I think I have a name for you." I narrowed my eyes. "and what would that be?" he yawned then studied my expressions, his grin widened, I was not laughing, "how about Reese peanut butter cup?" I groaned and rolled out of bed, "no." I said before walking into the bathroom. He frowned,I felt it. "they are a disgusting candy, that made me want to puke as a human." he hopped out of bed and slid on a shirt. I brushed my teeth all 34. 32 first, then the fangs. I looked up, and seen him leaned against the doorway smiling, "what?" I asked. He shrugged still half grinning "I don't know, we are getting married you know!" I clicked my tongue, "yes I know, now go get dressed, we have to find our stoners in training." he laughed and found. Clothes in his wardrobe. I put on simple capris and a band shirt. Before we even had a chance to open the door, Ace busted in, "hello family, and soon to be family in law." he smirked. I rolled my eyes. "today's the day Reece, you are finally going to do it," air caught in my throat. I had forgotten the other part of last nights surprised filled event. In strolled Kitsune in pair of jeans and tank top. Simple yet, her. She had a frown and I knew why. It didn't exactly take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

Ace was right, today was the Night of the Dead. The one night a year vampires can cross into the human world to feed and do whatever else they wanted. For years I never took part, but now I had to. There was not a choice given. I accepted my fate, not exactly with open arms, but I wasn't going to press manners on. I still had a good 16 hours. We all discussed the happenings of last night, the things we had been told.... They were true.... Then came in a short fuzzy bald man, "his highness has ordered that you all be at his castle by 8." we nodded and he left.