Chapter 15 What I am capable of

Hey :) I have finally uploaded! Sorry for the long wait, but now I am on summer break :D

OK enough with my babbling, I am sure you guys just want to get on and read this

Don't forget to vote and comment x

-------------------------------

It was as if a switched had turned on inside him the moment he sensed Tom's present. He went from a quite storm to a full blown blizzard. Caught by surprise, my mental wall shattered like glass against the sheer force of the icy storm he created. The cold blizzard that escaped was so strong that it flung everyone around the room against the wall.

Struggling to get back on my feet I slipped against the now icy ground. I heard moans from other students and knew I wasn't the only one who felt like something was broken in their body. I could hear shouts in the direction of the door accompany by the sound of banging. Uh oh. The ice must had spread all the way around and froze the door in place. We were trapped.

'Do something!' I snapped my head to Tom, suddenly feeling angry towards him. He was half laying on the ground next to me, his arms dangling on the wall while he stared at Fred, shocked. When he heard my voice he turned and gave me a dirty look but fire ignited from the palm of his hands and the ice around us started to melt.

Finally getting back a decent grip on the floor I immediately dragged myself up and focused on Fred Bowen. He was no longer glaring at Tom, but had his head pointing upwards at the ceiling with swirls of mini icy tornadoes orbiting around him. His eyes had turned a pale shade of ice blue and icicle began to form on his hair. He was either going to freeze us all to death or freeze himself to death first.

'Has this ever happened before?' I asked, trying to stop my teeth from shuttering when I speak, it was too darn cold. Natalie shook her head, Tom narrowed his eyes at Fred Bowen and shook his head too. But I sensed his moment of hesitation.

'Tom.' I said, giving him a look, which he returned. We stared at each other for a while before he finally gave in. Probably because of the cold.

'Fine. When I first came something similar happened, but nothing this big.' He said, nodding his head towards Fred. I could see out of the corner of my eyes that most students had gathered around the door trying in turns to break the door using their powers without success. A few who I assumed had fire elemental power was trying to block off the icy storm as best as they could. Guess they were not as dumb as I thought.

'OK, so I guess having you close to him now would be a bad idea.' I said with a sigh. However much I happened to dislike Fred Bowen, I didn't want him and Tom Triole to have a full blown fight in a confined dinning room with fifty odd students stuck in here with them. Nor did I want to see him explode or freeze to death. But if no one do something soon, we were all going to freeze to death.

'The teachers should be here by now.' Natalie said, as if sensing my thoughts and laid a hand on my arm. 'I am sure they will figure something out.'

Somehow I doubt that.

I tried to re-established the mental wall up, but it was almost impossible against the turbulent flow around the room. It was the first time I had ever felt my power were useless against something. The feeling I had at that moment was indescribable. I felt powerless. Overwhelmed. But I was never the one to give in to anything.

The temperature in the room continue to plummet like a rocket and I knew that we had to do something fast. Throwing all of my common sense out the window I decided to just follow my instinct.