Chapter 24

"Sam, are you married?" Someone asked looking at me.

Heck no.

How do this little guys even know English. They are so cute as long as they don't mention me and Sam...together...in a sentence.

"You guys know English?" I asked as one of them walked towards me. She furrowed her eyebrows looking at me right in the eye as she crossed her arms at her chest.

"She's the one" She said with an English accent. Man, I'm impressed. These kids are awesome.

The little girl stared at Sam as he rubbed his neck uncomfortably.

"Asha" Mr.McGrumpy said looking at the girl "Don't go that far"

Wait, what does she mean with I'm the one? What, did I do something wrong? Are they going t sacrifice me to a cannibal who makes wishes come true. No I don't wanna be eaten.

"What's with the face" Thorn asked as I freaked out.

"I DON'T WANT TO BE EATEN" I cried as they all stared at me in confusion. I gulped staring at all of them almost shitting my pants.

"Are you okay?" Aiden said laughing as I nod. Maybe I'm just being paranoid about nothing, why would they sacrifice a trashy girl like me.

Thorn leaned closer to me, throwing his hand around my waist and pulling me closer to him as the little girl glared at him.

"Okay, everyone we have lessons now" Sam said a they all "yeyy'-ed and went inside the place that looked like a school. Mr.McGrumpy gave Zane or whatever her name was a cheque and got inside with the kids, after him me, Thorn and Aiden.

"Now, I'm gonna explain you some grammar" He said not even smiling at the kids, but the kids were smiling at him. I groaned as Sam glared at me.

I thought I had already finished school.

Mr.McGrumpy started to explain the kids some English as I would listen to him. Well, not listen, but mostly stare. It was really hot here, but still he was wearing a suit which is weird as heck. His biceps would move every time he moved his arm.

The his green cold eyes met mine as he stare at me for some second, of course while explaining a boring lesson.

Aiden would stare at me and Sam grin. After 45 minutes of a boring lesson we finally got out. We got out of the school as I saw am whipping his sweaty forehead and went to a tent we were going to sleep.

We were in the poor side of Africa to volunteer and donate things. It really makes you feel good seeing other people smile.

After some minutes Sam came out of the tent wearing a pair of black shorts and a blue tank undershirt as I couldn't get my eyes off him.

Thorn snapped his finger in front of me "What are you staring at?"

"Nothing" I respond as Sam walked past me not even sparing a single glance.

Aiden was flirting with Zane as she tried to make him stop.

"Come on ma chérie, stop playing hard" He said trying to kiss her, but she slapped Aiden.

Suddenly Sam grabbed me by the wrist as I narrowed my eyes and Thorn frowned walking away. No I want to spend time with Thorn, why do I have to go with Mr.McGrumpy.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked as he didn't said a word. We walked till we were in front of a truck with no doors. We got in and Sam drove away.

It was scary, I thought I would fall even I had my seat belt.

"At the airport" Sam said as I huh-ed.

"You asked me where we were going. Since Christmas are coming, presents for the kids are at the airport. I would have brought them earlier, but they are impossible and would open them up so I'll take them and we are both going to hide them" 

I nod smiling at him. My smile got wider as he stared at the road. 

"What's with the smiling?" Mr.McGrumpy asked as I shrugged.

"Why should there be a reason for me to smile?"

"Indeed it should" He said taking a turn left.

"Indeed no"

"Stop saying indeed" Sam said in annoyance as I grinned.

"Indeed why?" I asked as he groaned.

"Because I say so, you're my maid and you need to listen to me"

"Indeed I should, but indeed I won't" I teased him as he slammed his hands on the steering wheel stooping the car in the middle of the road.

"Okay, I know what will make you shut up" Sam said unlocking the seat belt and leaning closer to me as his piercing green eyes locked into mine and my heart started to race like crazy.

Then his lips crushed into mine. I wanted to push him away, but I didn't. My eyes were closed. I felt like fire within my bones, I needed to stop, because for some reason I couldn't help, but smile and then Sam pulled away as I stare at him in shock.

He sat down on his seat, stared at the road with a serious look on his face and drove away. 

I can't believe I enjoyed that. Wait...I can't believe I just admitted that. My heart was racing like a race car driver and I could still feel Sam's soft lips against mine.

"I knew that would shut you up"

We drove for two hours, till we arrived at a city and then to the airport. 

A man gave Mr.McGrumpy three heavy bags as he gave me one. 

It really was big and heavy, but I manage to drag it to the truck. Sam waved the man a goodbye and we drove back at the little kids.

None of us said anything and to be honest I was still shocked and Sam noticed that.

"That kiss was just to shut you up, it meant nothing at all. Don't worry" He said as I nod breathing in relieve.

"I know. I mean it would be ridiculous if that meant anything"

"Yeah" Sam said as I looked from the window. Joking there was no window at all. I was just freaking out if I would fall or not.

We finally arrived and it was getting dark by now. We lifted the bags out of the car as the kids saw us. They shouted in happiness running towards us and shouting 'presents'.

"Run" Sam said as we started to run with the cute kids behind us.

"What are we going to do?" I asked as he faced me

"Run till Christmas I guess"

And we continued to run with our hands crawled up together holding the bags.

***

A/N- Hope you liked this chapter. More to come soon every Friday. Love ya all

#Nats

#Talie

Which team are you?

-Jay