What do you do with a drunken sailor?

I held up my hand, silencing my men. I pressed my ear to the door, waiting for the signal.

"What do you say, we move this along?" Calypso's voice leaked through the cracks of the door. With that I stood, walking to the window and quietly swinging in. Calypso was straddling the waist of a wealthy merchant, her arms around his neck. Her eyes met mine, blinking once then falling to the man in front of her. She smiled softly, running her fingers through his hair. His hands fiddled with the laces of her gown and she took his hands, moving them. I stepped forward, the toe of my boot creaking on the floor boards. I cursed silently, practically turning to stone. His head started to turn and she grabbed his cheeks, pressing her lips harshly to his. He stopped turning and made a surprised sound.

I scowled, ignoring the creaking of the floorboards now. I shouted bashing my pistol handle into his head. He slumped and she lept off him, brushing her bar wench's gown off.

"Took you long enough," she grumbled, wiping her mouth.

I stepped forward, pointing my finger at her. "Don't ever do that again. If I catch you-" my voice was quivering, heat rushing to my face.

"You're jealous!" she had a smirk on her face, laughing at me.

"I am not jealous! He could have... diseases... or something... and it could have compromised the mission!" I sputtered.

She patted my cheek and walked past me, throwing over her shoulder, "whatever you say, pretty boy."

She pulled the door open, letting my pirates in. They grinned at her, each of their eyes flicking at her chest quickly as they passed. After a while she crossed her arms across her chest. They took what they wanted, each stepping out. I stood, my arms crossed, watching her, who watched them. I would never admit it, but we had grown rather close. Two years since we had met and she had been through many battles with us; helped us with hundreds of missions. It did help to have her on board, she was helpful when it came to medical aide as well.

She sauntered over to me, standing next to me her arms crossed like my own.

"You're staring," she muttered. "See anything you like?"

"Shut up."

"Don't tell me what to do. I'm not your wench," she walked out, leaving me suddenly ashamed.

I stammered after her, my complaints falling on deaf ears.

"I think you screwed up, Miles," Renaldo chuckled, sitting in the window with a peach in his hand. He took a big bite out of it, chewing with a smirk.

"How did I screw up?" I laughed nervously.

"She's not gonna talk to you now. You shouldn't have bossed her around. Anyway, you keep screwing up. You send her to do the wenchy things and then you yell at her for doing those things," he raised an eyebrow. "You love her."

"Impossible."

"You do."

"I don't."

"Whatever you say, Cap. Enjoy your lonely life," he hopped down, throwing the empty pit into the brush and sauntered down the road towards the ship.

"I'm not lonely!" I shouted after him.

My men filed out of the house, each heading separate ways. Some went to the tavern, others went for a walk, no one went back to the ship. I slowly started down the road, my hands in my pockets. Lights flickered on and off in the houses lining the streets. Long ago this city fell to squallor, criminals dwelled here.