Winter Wonderland

[A/N: I know I haven't updated in forever and you all have the right to hate me, but I really hope you like this chapter, because I think it's my favorite .. so .. yeah . :)]

It was December now, close to Christmas and exactly a month since I'd cut myself. Nothing unusual has happened, mine and Jordan's relationship continued to get better and better, and we hadn't seen or heard from Katelynn or Adam since the incident. On this particular day, which had to break the record for the coldest day in history,  I was laying on my stomach on my bed, with a soft white throw blanket draped over my back, scrolling through Twitter and Tumblr on my laptop.
    "Will you give me those!?" came Travis's voice from the living room.

"They need to go higher up, we're not putting up a tree for midgets." I chuckled at that and closed my laptop as I listened to the rest of the conversation unfold.
    "Oh, calm down," I heard Deryck snapped back. "They're fine. Not everyone's a fucking giraffe, Travis."
    "While you two fight over those, I'm gonna work on this ball of metal death," came Jordan's voice. Metal death?
    "Yeah, uh-huh," Deryck scoffed. "Takes a real tough man to untangle a ball of ornament hooks."
    "Hey, you know what-"
    At this point I figured I'd better get out there before they killed each other . I  kicked the blanket off of the back of my legs and grabbed it, wrapping it around my shoulders as I rolled over and stood up from the bed. I walked into the living room to see Deryck and Travis still going at it in front of our Christmas tree, the clump of wire and lights in Deryck's hands. I rolled my eyes and glanced at Jordan, who was sitting on the couch, looking at the huge tangle of ornament hooks with determination and frustration as his fingers pulled at them.
    "Need some help?" I asked with a chuckle, sitting down next to him. He looked away from the hooks for a second and grinned at me .
    "Hey," he said, reaching over and kissing my cheek before going back to his ball of "metal death". "Nah, I've got it. It's really not that - WHY THE HELL WILL THESE NOT COME UNDONE?!" I grinned at him and reached over and gently took the hooks from his hands.
    "Let me," I said , playing with the hooks between my fingers until one slipped loose from the rest. I looked up to see Jordan looking at me in awe.
    "Oh, please." He took the hook from my hand, reached into a box beside him, pulled out a shiny red ornament bulb, and slipped the hook into the top. "I could've done that if I wanted to." I rolled my eyes and pulled another one out of the tangled mess, and handed it to Jordan who slipped it onto another ornament. As I untangled more and more hooks from the blob of them , Jordan ceased to comment on how he could've done it himself if he wanted to, and Deryck and Travis finally reached an agreement on the lights.
    "Ornaments!" Deryck announced, holding his hand out. "Just toss 'em!" Jordan obliged and tossed one of the bulbs to Deryck, which he caught and hung from a random branch near the middle of the tree.
    "If you drop one of those," I muttered, untangling the last three hooks from each other and handing them over to Jordan.
    "Have faith in me, child!" Deryck said dramtically , catching another one as Jordan tossed it. I smirked and rolled my eyes as the guys finished hanging the ornaments and pulled the star from the box . I dropped the blanket from around my shoulders, leapt off of the couch and ran over to Travis .
    "Give me that star," I said, holding my hand out . I felt like I was about five years old, but I didn't care, I wanted to put that star on the tree. Travis obliged and shoved it into my hands .
    "Lyss, you sure you can reach it?" he asked , as he watched me stand on my toes and stretch to put the star on the top branch.
    "I think so," I insisted, stretching a bit farther, but still unable to reach.
    "Here, I'll help, I heard Jordan say . Before I could ask what kind of help he planned to give me, I felt his arms wrap around my waist, and in a second my feet were off the ground and I could reach the branch. 
    How cliche, I thought as he lifted me up , sticking the star onto the branch . But sweet. He set me down and I turned to look at him and saw him grinning.
    "Aw, isn't he sweet?" Deryck gushed . I turned to look at him and saw that he and Travis were giving us matching goofy smiles.
    "The sweetest," I answered pointedly right before Jordan leaned over and pecked me on the lips . Travis and Deryck let out a chorus of "Awwww"s.
    "Alright, now that this is taken care of," Travis gestured broadly to the lit tree and a box on the floor next to the one that contained the tree's lights. "We gotta put up the ones outside." Deryck looked less than thrilled at this announcement, seeing that it was snowing like crazy and probably five degrees outside.
    "I'll come help," I offered . Before any of them could say anything, I turned, grabbed my blanket from the couch, and headed back to my room to get my coat.
    ******
    I arrived back in the living room a few minutes later, wearing my thick, puffy silver jacket and white gloves . The guys were all in their thick winter coats and gloves, too.
    "Alright, c'mon!" Travis pulled open the door and trudged into the snow, followed shortly  by Jordan and I .
    "Yay, hypothermia!" Deryck cheered with false excitement. Travis trudged to the garage and came back with a ladder , and propped it up against the side of the house.
    "Let's just get it done," he told us, grabbing a long string of lights and one of those huge, industrial sized stapelers from the box he brought out . Dercyk held the ladder and the stapler while Travis climbed up the rungs in record time with the lights and started to position them the way he wanted them, leaving me and Jordan to stand awkwardly in the snow and watch them.
    "Our first Christmas as a couple," he whispered suddenly, slipping his gloved hand into mine . I felt the famillliar fluttery feeling return to my stomach as I gave his hand a squeeze.
    "Let's make it one to remember," I replied, turning my head to look at him. "And let's have lots more." With that he leaned over and brushed his lips against mine, waited a beat, and kissed me again. I relaxed into the kiss and realized how cliche but nice it was to be kissing in the snow. When he pulled away a few seconds later he was smiling his killer smile.
    ******
    After what seemed like an eternity, but was realistically probably only about an hour of watching Travis hang lights, he was only about halfway done ... with the one side. Personally, I was entertained by watching Travis drop the part of the wire he was stapling, Deryck drop the stapler as he handed it to Travis, have them cuss at each other for a second, then repeat the process. Jordan, however, was as bored as he could possibly be. I found that out when I felt his hand slip from mine and looked down to find him shaping a pile of snow in his gloves.
    "I think I like where this is going," I said with a chuckle as he plucked the finished snowball from one glove with the other . I grinned and picked up a pile of snow of my own, quickly shaping a snowball similar to Jordan's. He grinned at me and mouthed, "on three." I aimed mine at Deryck and he aimed at Travis, and counted to three with his fingers. The guys's reaction was priceless as the snowballs hit the back of their necks, especially since Travis was holding part of the lights and had positioned them just right, but let them go as he clapped a hand to the back of his neck.
    "You guys are dead," Deryck hissed with a devious grin, scooping a handful of snow from the ground and shaping it in his gloves. Lights forgotten, Travis climbed down the ladder and jumped to the snow from the third rung.
    It only took about five minutes for World War III to break out, Jordan and I against Travis and Deryck. Between throwing snowballs, dodging them, and getting pelted with them, I couldn't help but think of how great this was, and that this was what holidays were supposed to be like, having fun with everyone you love.
    ******
    "We totally destroyed you guys," Travis announced as we stepped into the house and shed our soaked coats and gloves at the door.
    "Team Dynamite wins!" Deryck proclaimed, pumping his fists to the sky.
    "Team Dynamite?" I asked, smirking. "Real original there, buddy." Deryck responded the mature way, by sticking his tongue out at me.
    "Team You-Throw-Like-A-Girl totally kicked Team Dynamite's ass, thank you very much," Jordan argued plopping himself down on the couch and grinning at the guys. Before he could react, I swiped a pillow from the other couch and whipped it at Jordan, who jumped as it hit him in the stomach. I smirked and plopped down next to him.
    "Who throws like a girl?" I asked, laughing.  He laughed with me and pecked me on the lips again. Deryck threw himself down on the couch opposite of me and Jordan, which now held one less pillow, and smirked at Travis as he sat down next to him.
    "Bet those lights are gonna look great" he said sarcastically, resulting in Travis grinning and  picking up the remaining pillow on the couch and smacking it into his stomach.
i laughed at how childish yet hilarious they were, and pulled myself up from my seat.
    "Hot chocolate anyone?" I asked, making my way towards the kitchen.
    "Yes please!" Jordan called after me.
    "Fuck yeah!" came Deryck's reply.
    "Put marshmallows in mine because I'm your brother and you love me?" Travis asked.
    "We'll see," I called back as I looked through the cabinets for the mix and a bag of marshmallows that I knew we had. I set the mix and marshmallows out on the counter, along with the milk I'd taken from the fridge, and rummaged through more cabinets for a pot I could make it in.
    In about ten minutes I had a pot of milk warming on the stove. I stirred in the mix and waited for it to finish heating up, when I felt someone's arms slither around my waist.
    "Jordan, I love you, but let's not attack me while I'm handling near-boiling things, please," I said jokingly. He unwound his arms from me as I went to the cupboard and pulled out four mugs and set them out on the counter. I poured hot chocolate into each mug and topped them off with a handful of little marshmallows.
    "One hot chocolate for you, sir," I said, handing Jordan one of the mugs. I grabbed two of the other ones and he took one, following me out to the living room .
    "Someone order hot chocolate?" I asked as I walked into the room, handing one mug to Travis and one to Deryck.
    "Alright, marshmallows!" Travis cheered before taking a sip. I chuckled and rolled my eyes, plopping down next to Jordan, who had seated himself on the couch across from Travis and Jordan. He handed me my hot choclate after I sat down and wrapped his free arm around me, pulling me close to him. I snuggled into the embrace and laid my head against his chest, occasionally taking sips from my hot chocolate.
    Life couldn't be any more perfect.

[A/N: So I really hope everyone was happy with this. I'll definitely try and update more, and Harmony will be updated soon , I swear!! Love you all . <3]