Chapter Eleven

Chapter Ten:

“Terri? Terri, please let me explain.”

     “Fuck off, Jacob.”

     “Ooh, she’s using your full name. I don’t think she’s happy with you, bro.”

     I ignored Carlos, Jake’s best friend and my new friend. He was completely right about that however. I was nowhere near happy with Jake right now. He could go drown in a well for all I cared. 

     After the girlfriend of Jake left, Jake knew from one look on my face that she had spilled the beans. Why did he think she wouldn’t? Obviously she knew who Jake was, so why wouldn’t she question if that really was Jake? 

     How could Jake just keep this secret? He KISSED me. I don’t know how that may seem to Jake, but when you just kiss someone and try to have sex with them, you have to be single. Because if you aren’t, then you are a cheater. And since I’m the girl he kissed, that ties me to this equation. The girl seemed sweet, once her voice changed. I was judging her based on her appearance, and now I felt bad. Because all she was looking for was her boyfriend, who was off trying to avoid her.

     Jake was really horrible, now that I realize it. Okay, not wanting to tell me about it was bad enough but trying to hide is worst. How is he just going to avoid his girlfriend? If that’s not a bad boyfriend, I don’t know what is. I can tell this just drew the line for any romantic plans I envision between me and him. Maybe Jake was right before, getting this over with as quick as possible is the best thing we can do. 

     This is probably why he wanted to in the first place, because he had someone else. He didn’t want me because he has a girlfriend. 

     All of this keeps coming back to the fact that he avoided his girlfriend like she was nothing. Girls don’t deserve to be treated like that. Even ones that come off like that girl, you don’t just avoid her. You break up with her. 

     “Didn’t I tell you to tell her before? I told you, Jake. You didn’t listen to me. And now look at the predicament you are in,” the gorgeous Latino boy said. He was actually trying to defend me, which I enjoyed. There was no way I was going to participate in this conversation though. 

     I slouched more into the car seat, fidgeting with my nails and looking out the window. Carlos’s car was definitely not what I was expecting. It seemed like it’d be another limo, or something big and fancy. It wasn’t. His car was old, and vintage. Okay, maybe not old or vintage, but it felt better than being stick inside the limo. Since my dad was a big car guy, I knew this was a the newest model of a Camaro Convertible, in an ashen gray color. It was truly a beautiful car, and especially that it was a beautiful day, the roof was down. 

     Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jake turn to look at me. 

     Jake tried to sit in the back with me, but I told him to fuck off plenty of times that made him realized he wasn’t going to cooperate with me. Carlos helped me out as well by insisting that Jake sat in the front and to just leave me alone. Jake isn’t listening because he is still trying to talk to me. Can’t he let me be angry in peace? Can’t he just give me that? He got my hopes up for what exactly? He wasn’t serious about me. I might not of had any relationships before, but I know all the rules of having one. This is what happens when your best friend tells you all her problems and comes to you for advice. Not like I knew if my advice was truly helping because I’d never used it before, but it seemed to work because Hailey never came back asking about the same thing again.

     “Jake, man. Leave her alone,” Carlos said, noticing Jake just staring at me. It was actually making me uncomfortable, but he wouldn’t see my moment of weakness. I kept a straight face and continuing looking out the window. New York was actually a beautiful place.