Chapter 9:

Jewel's POV:

I anxiously applied a coat of lip balm with SPF as I stared out the glass window of my room.

It was official, even 2 weeks later, Sky still hated me. After riding with Blaire I had gone out on the trail with Shadow to look for her, and when I found her, she just kept saying how I betrayed her and J.O.P.S. I didn't think it was that big of a deal, we were a team with these girls, we had to get along with them or the whole dynamic of our pace at the Finale would change. We needed to be a team, even if that meant becoming friends with Payton and Caitlyn, and we were just about a month away from the Finale and the only ones that seemed to get along were Blaire and I.

After a few more minutes staring at the horses in the paddocks munching on grass in the early morning sun, I walked towards the door, stopping to check my reflection in the mirror. Today we were scheduled for another Dressage lesson with Steven. Dressage lessons always made me want to dress up more than usual for riding. Today it was white Animo Nmary Full Seat Breeches with navy stitching and a black Goode Rider Ideal Short Sleeve Show Shirt with my old Konigs Favourite Dressage Boots.

I opened my door, stepping out of my room at the same time that Sky came out of her room. She was wearing Romfh International Denim Full-Seat Breeches with black Ariat Volant Back-Zip Tall Boots and a black Back On Track Slimmed T-Shirt from Greenhawk. Dover Saddlery and Greenhawk were our top picks for all things horse related.

" ...Hey " I said, a bit nervous.

Sky looked up at me, her eyes still formed into a glare.

I sighed. " Sky come on, don't be like this, it isn't that big a deal, and fighting with you for these past 2 weeks has been exhausting... " I replied. I was true, my riding was starting to slack because I was too focused on getting Sky to stop hating me.

" We aren't fighting, we past that, now we don't talk to each other " She replied before walking past me and downstairs. Our boots were clean because they had just been sitting in our closets, like most of our Dressage stuff, so it wouldn't get ruined because it seemed to be more expensive to buy Dressage equipment than other equipment.

I followed her down the stairs and out the door, but didn't try to talk to her. If she wanted to be like this, fine, it wasn't going to help our training for the Finale.

We walked into the barn and I suddenly felt a feeling of regret putting Shadows stall close to Onyx's. Sky must have felt the same way because as soon as she reached Onyx's stall, she clipped the lead line to his halter and started leading him to the other side of the barn.

Ouch, usually she just wouldn't talk to me as we groomed and tacked up, the only ones doing much socializing would be Shadow and Onyx, but I didn't expect her moving Onyx to sting so much, but it did. I just had to remember, I did nothing wrong, I actually did something right by branching out to our teammates.

I slid into Shadows stall with the lead rope, deciding to get him ready in his stall. Shadow walked over to me and stuck his head out of his stall, looking in the direction of Onyx's empty stall. He whinnied, his ribs shaking from the force. After a few seconds I could hear Onyx whinny back. I wrapped my arms around Shadows neck.

" I'm sorry boy, but Sky's mad at me right now, I wish it didn't affect you and Onyx hanging out together, but apparently now it does... "

Shadow seemed to sigh and he stuck his head back in the stall. I felt for my boy, not being able to talk to his best friend...it was relatable.

As I started grooming him I got lost in thought, Only coming back into focus when I heard hooves clicking down the aisle. Hoping it was Sky coming to her senses, I rushed to the stall door, only to see Marlo clipping Marco to the set of cross-ties on the right of Shadows stall.