Questions

AN: This is the first part of this story that I’m officially writing and taking credit for. I’ve spent three days typing it up and editing a lot. Hope you enjoy… {PS: The next update should be sometime next week. I will probably set up a schedule around my already busy one so all you readers can be looking forward to it.}

Chapter 11: Questions

On Monday, school was back which means back to hiding and back to being Brandon's foster sister to everyone else. The weekend drained me and I haven't got to freely wear my ring around the house, stopping anymore lectures and glares from Stef about how we don't know what love is or how were too young to make such a big commitment.

Brandon has been assuring me that everything will work out in the end which I'm trying to believe. With all the stuff I've been dealt in my life I think a break from the stress is well deserved.

The only thing keeping me happy is the ring B gave me. He knew how much it meant to me and, on the other hand, how much it hurt me to have to hide a simple gesture that was his proposal for our future.

He came into me and Mariana's room one morning while I was just lying, eyes closed, enjoying the sun shining on my face with the peace and quiet that is sparse around the Fosters residence.

"Hey Cals," Brandon whispered walking in with an extreme case of bed hair and a sleepy smile on his sculpted face. He must have known I was already up because of my weird position.

"Heyy...good morning," I returned his grin and sat up leaning against the wall my bed is against, avoiding all the decorations hanging on the wall. A couple seconds later, we heard Mariana snorting and shifting in her sleep and we couldn't help but laugh at her drowsy antics.

"I just wanted to talk to you before school and everyone else got up." He came over by me and sat next to me on the wall grabbing my hand and interlacing our fingers. "I know you must be sick of all the drama and constant problems that seem to pop up; with the whole Lovett story and finding out that you might not really know whose child you are and how to handle that. You must be frustrated and really, really confused." He took a deep breath and continued while I rubbed my fingertips over his knuckles.

"I just wanted to say thank you," he finished with awkward grin on his face because he knew me enough to know that I wasn't one to necessarily accept praises. "I know that sometimes you can kinda shutdown, get closed off, and not want anyone to be close to you when you're going through so much. I just want you to know that I treasure any love you show me and all the small things about you that make you, you. Telling me you love me and accepting my proposal meant the world. I'm just so happy and appreciative because you can still be so strong. You're my rock and you make me want to be a better person." He continued taking a deep breathe like he was deep in thought.

"And it's the small things that make me love you even more every time I'm just, around you. Like when your eyes crinkle when you really smile, how you rub your nose when you're unsure of yourself, how big your eyes get when you're about to cr---mmm." I cut him off by pressing a chaste kiss upon his lips and then quickly pulled away. With a sneaky smirk, I finally looked up at him.

"It might be a little weird about how much you always look at me, but I think it's cute. So...I'll let it slide this time." He let out a low laugh while I held back the blush creeping up my cheeks and giggled at my own statement.

"I appreciate that you said all those things, but I don't think they're all true." When his adoring gaze turned into a little sadness, then confusion, I continued before he tried to interrupt. "I am over the moon about the proposal you set up for me. I don't think anyone else has ever given me something so meaningful and straight from the heart." My eyes begun to get hazy, then blurry thinking about how amazing the man in front of me is; he loves someone than has been through more than anyone should in a lifetime, let alone sixteen years.