Epilogue: Forever Yours

It has been a year and some months later from Anna and Nolan officially becoming a couple. In early May, Anna is frantically running around getting prepared for Kamden's 2nd birthday party. You would think she should be getting ready for her finals.

For some setting, Anna and Nolan have already graduated from high school and attend college locally (so they can stay home). With work, tons of grants, and an amazing scholarship Nolan can go to college and study computer engineering like he always wanted for free. As for Anna, she is attending another college in the area where she can go for health science. Anna always wanted to be a Pharmacist. I bet that was the last thing most people thought that Anna would go for. Yet, she has always loved that field and is very knowledgeable in it.

As for Kamden, she is turning 2 years old. She has grown up healthy and happy under the parenting of Nolan and Anna. She even calls Nolan and Anna "mommy" and "daddy". Kamden is loved and she well knows that, despite being a 1 year old. Because of high school graduation, Kamden wasn't able to get the big 1st birthday bash that Anna wanted for her. It is not like Kamden would care.

Even so, life in the Dixon household has been pretty chill over since Anna and Nolan started dating. By going to college they met new people and have new experiences, but remained ever so close. They still keep in contact with old friends from high school like Cainen who currently is learning, physical therapy in a college a state over. Anna managed to make amends with her good ole friend Brexley. Brexley came around about her behavior towards her friend and apologized. After seeing Anna so happy with Nolan, she realized what matters. Brexley currently does interior design at an institute a couple of towns over. As for Xander, who cares about that guy. At least he is alive somewhere.

Enough of the background info. It is time to get to the present day where Nolan is currently putting Kammy to sleep. Gently, he places her in the crib and kisses her forehead. Nolan turns on the sound machine and the baby monitor and tiptoes out of the room. He doesn't want to wake her up. It took forever to even get her asleep. Once outside, he slowly closes the door, trying not to make a peep. Then he turns around to find Anna standing right behind him. He yelps in surprise, but quickly covers his mouth.

"Hey, babe. Is Kammy asleep?" she asks as she goes in for a hug. Nolan warmly accepts the hug.

"Yeah, it took a while, but she is down. Kammy is such a light sleeper. One sound and she is wide awake. I find it weird that she can sleep to the sound machine. She used to be such a heavy sleeper before. I don't get it."

Anna lets go of Nolan a bit and looks at his face, "I kind of found that weird too but, hey, it is what works so I am not complaining."

They stand there for a bit in each other's embrace. Anna thinks about how crazy it is that she has this guy she can call her boyfriend. Her love for him grows every single day and it will surely never stop. Anna caresses Nolan's cheek with her hand and leans in for a kiss, but a yawn manages its way to interrupt.

"Seems like you need to go to bed Anna," Nolan mentions, holding her a bit further from him.

Anna pouts, "Just when I was about to kiss you too. Jeez..." Nolan smiles at this statement and proceeds to kiss his girlfriend on the cheek. Anna's cheeks go red and she gets a little shy. It is not every time Nolan initiates a kiss. He is such an awkward guy.

"Good night, Anna. Tomorrow's a big day and you need to rest," he states and gives Anna one big goodnight hug before letting go of her. Anna holds her chest and she tries to get her heart rate back to normal. With Nolan, her heartbeat a million times a second.

"Good night babe." she whimpers before shuffling off into her bedroom. Nolan chuckles and sighs. He scratches his head and starts to head downstairs.