Prologue: Sweet Beginnings

The story of two teenagers, raising a baby and falling in love while doing it. How sweet and probably not a realistic situation. Everything seems to lay down perfectly huh. Well, they still have challenges, taking care of a baby and high school doesn't mix. We will see about that one.

Hello, my name is Narrator. By that name, I am sure it is obvious that I will narrate the story. You probably remember me from my previous narration masterpiece, Let's Discuss Love. By the way, these stories have nothing to do with each other. In this story, we will focus on the budding relationship between Nolan Foster and Annaliese (Anna) Dixon.

Let's start a couple of months before Kamden is introduced to Anna. Nolan and Anna live in a small town in Georgia and they are seniors at Sprucebrook High School. I know, a lot of these places are in a small town. According to the author, she says she loves small towns, so that is the reason.

Let's talk about Nolan for a bit. Nolan Renly Foster is your local shy, introverted, and smart guy who lives a very lonely life. Let's check Nolan's profile shall we:

- He is very lanky and has groomed dirty blonde hair.

- His face is like a diamond and chiseled but, most people say he is not very attractive at first sight because of his notorious feature. 

- I would say his notorious feature is his Harry Potter-like glasses. It makes him look like a huge dork.

Nolan doesn't have many friends and he lives mostly by himself. I am sure that you read the summary, but to review, Nolan's parents are very negligent. You might ask, "Why didn't Nolan report his parents already?". Well, to answer you... Nolan rather would work by himself. He doesn't want other people involved in his troubles. In his mind, it would be a hindrance to others if he gets them involved. Let's just say that Nolan is a bit independent.

A month after Nolan finishes his junior year of high school, Nolan's parents (who are mostly never there) come back with a baby stroller. It was a bazaar event in Nolan's eyes. He barely sees his parents and next thing he knew, he probably has a little brother or sister.

Nolan sat in the living room trying to play a dingy hand-me-down Nintendo 3DS his cousin gave him. The living room door opened and Mr. Foster appears with a young baby in his arms. He held her with such care as if she were glass. The baby wore a pink onesie and her hair flew everywhere, clearly ungroomed. Her little round face looked peaceful as she slept in Mr. Foster's arms.

"Whose baby is that dad?" Nolan asked as he put down the 3DS.

Mr. Foster glanced at Nolan and looked back at the baby. Then he walked over to Nolan and handed her to him, "She is the baby of a close family friend who died recently. Her dying wish was for us to take care of her baby."

Nolan was baffled by this story. They could barely take care of their son, however, they want to take in a baby.

"How old is she?" Nolan asked finally getting a good look at the baby. At first sight, Nolan fell in love with her. The baby snuggled into Nolan's arms and gave a little smile. This melts Nolan's heart with happiness.

"3 months. She doesn't have a name and your mother and I can't seem to come up with one. Why don't you try naming her," he said dismissively and makes his way into the kitchen. In the living room, Nolan racked his brain on names to give his little sister.

It was almost adorable how serious Nolan worked to come up with the perfect name for her. From time to time, for the rest of the summer, Nolan "raised" the baby as his own and he came up with the perfect name for her, Kamden Mila-Rose Foster. There is a special reason behind that name and we will get to that later. The reason I said "raised" was because Nolan's parents have not only abandoned Nolan but Kamden as well. Just as Nolan predicted of his negligent parents.