The Last Angel - 1

The Last Angel

Chapter one

"Hey, Gemma! Wait up!" cried Aviva as I was going up the stairs to the school. "Kay," I answered and held the door open for her. My name is Gemma Saybourne and my best friend is Aviva Diaz. We've been best friends since kindergarten. We linked arms and walked down the halls of St. Lorena High towards our lockers. Aviva had black hair in a pixie style haircut (like Alice Cullen in Twilight) and had a pair of dark brown eyes. Today, she was wearing dark skinny jeans, a white t-shirt with heart designs on it, and her 4 inch dark blue stiletto heels. How she could walk in those, was a mystery to me. I, on the other hand, had on hot pink skinny jeans, a loose yellow slouchy, orange flats, and a matching thick, plastic orange hairband. My hair was a dark red and went pin straight down to my shoulder. I was 5'7, normal height, and my eyes, well you'll soon learn about them later on.

"Guess what?" asked Aviva. "Hmm?" I was only half paying attention as I saw Kai walking down the hallway. He was so mysterious the way his deep set green eyes put emeralds to shame and his dark black hair was always, always, in his eyes. I couldn't help but stare as I saw him glance over at me. For a second, his piercing green eyes held my silver eyes and I quickly glanced away. I was used to getting glances from everybody because of the colour of my eyes. Nobody ever looked at me directly in the eyes for more than three seconds except for my closest friends. But then there was Kai. He was the only one that would look me directly in the eyes other than my friends. Ahhhh! Damn genes. Only my great-great grandmother Sophia had silver eyes. And hers were lined with violet, while mine, are lined with gold. Yah, stupid I know, but, can't get mad at God for making me, me. Ha...what am I saying? I feel like a nun. Might as well be one since everyone's scared of me.

"GEMMA, GODDAMMIT!!!!!!" yelled Aviva. Instantly, I snapped out of my daze.

"Wha-what?!?! Oh God Aviva! You scared the hell outta me!"

"Well it worked, didn't it? Gosh, you're always spacing out! You know, sometimes I think you're a lost cause."

"Oh thanks. And do I really space out that much?"

"Ya! You do. Lots lately actually."

"Sheesh. I'm not that bad." I said as we walked off to first period.

While Mr. Prumely (ha-ha ya I know everyone calls him Mr.Prunely because he's so old and wrinkly :P) was giving his old boring lectures again on the civil war, I felt something hit my shoulder. Turning around, I saw I crumpled up sheet of paper on the ground. Aviva, probably, I thought as I bent to pick up the paper.

So, are you singing tonight?

I noticed Aviva's handwriting. Quickly, I turned to check if anyone was looking.

Yes I am and could you not send me notes in the middle of class? If mr.prunely makes me read this aloud, my secret will be out. Gosh, can you be more careful?

I threw the note back towards her desk.

Finally, the bell rang. I went to my locker with Aviva hot on my heels. "Okay I'm sorry for being so...obvious, but how can I not considering my best friend is Silver Glamour!! And the people here are so stupid not to have caught on by now. I mean, c'mon, really? Look at the eyes, people, look at the eyes!"

I just rolled my eyes and sighed, making my way to the cafeteria.

"Well as long as no one finds out, I'm okay." I said as I grabbed a slice of pepperoni pizza and headed towards our table. As we sat down, I saw Kai being fawned over by a group of girls. Ugh, bitches shoving their boobs in his face. I felt sad for him. I took a sip of water from my water bottle as Princeton, Remy, Bentley, Caleigh, Keagen, Levon and Reuben sat down at our table.

"Hey guys! What's up?" asked Caleigh. She was a tall brunette with big brown eyes and a slim figure. She was wearing a cute pink and brown dress with a big belt that accentuated her small waist. "Keagen, will you have something for lunch besides a water bottle? You're starting to act like Cleora." said Princeton. He was a skinny guy, 5'8, and had shaggy blond hair. He was wearing baggy jeans and an orange Ralph Lauren t-shirt. Yah, he was rich. "Hey, Gemma. Looking like you burst out of a rainbow again?" said Reuben. He had long dark black hair that went down to his shoulders, just a little shorter than mine, and his eyes were so dark, that you could easily mistake them for a black instead of a dark brown. He was wearing all black, you know, him being in his emo state and all, but it suited his personality. Sleek and mysterious, just enough to catch your attention and get you wondering. And then there was Remy, of course. Her sense of style was intriguing by the way she always matched any article of clothing with denim. I'm serious. Last year, we went to the spring formal and she was wearing a strapless denim dress. But to be honest, nobody was really surprised. Today, she was wearing faded blue jeans (obviously), a white camisole topped with a purple cardigan. Bentley, typical blond hair blue eyes guy, was wearing skinny jeans, a graphic tee, and a hat, always a hat, presumably from Journeys. Levon was Bentley's twin, but surprisingly, he was a brunette. The only thing that made them look related was their eyes. Levon was also wearing a pair of skinnies with a graphic tee, and a sweater. That left Keagen. She was the only one in the group who looked like she didn't belong there. Keagen was wearing a short hot pink mini skirt, with a tight light pink polka dotted shirt that hugged every curve on her body. She had glossy blond hair and was constantly glossing her lips with lip gloss. She looked like a Cleora clone.

Who's Cleora you ask? Well, she's captain of the cheerleading squad, the most popular bitch in school, and yes, a slut who goes after every hot guy in the school. Emphasis on every.