Chapter 7 - Family Meeting (First Part)

Finn POV

I have been spending time with The Nektons from time to time. At first both William and Ant decided to show me indirectly how much they despised me for being with Fontaine. Kaiko always had an open mind with me, maybe it was her motherly instincts, I still have no idea as to what. Fontaine still hadn't officially met my family as my girlfriend. The day I fought Alpheus she made the proper introductions. Kaiko had spoken to me a bit of the Nekton family, their history, and all. For a while I had wanted to present her correctly but I had no idea how yet. I wanted it to be special, I wanted it to be a positive experience. Clearly I had to take in account the fact that the crew would be around. And they barely behave in front of my father.

I was currently in my room, I sleep alone since I built it. Madeline sleeps in father's room, and the others share a room with four other mates. My room, unlike the others, was clean. My walls were a soft blue, and my floor had a white carpet. I can't really say my room is huge but it is bigger than some. I am always the first to wake up, especially since I have a training routine that I like to follow. My usual focus is strength and resistance. After all, I have a lot of butt kicking to do and I usually have to run a lot. Mom was one hell of a runner, she was always ahead of the entire crew.

"Father, we need to talk" as I spoke, dad looked at me worriedly, I usually referred to him as dad or Captain, never father.

"Finn? What is wrong me boy?" dad asked me as he frowned.

"I want to have a family dinner, including Danny, since he had known our family the longest. The thing is... I want to make the official presentation of Fontaine being my girlfriend" I spoke as I rested my body against a wall inside his small office.

"Ah... That." his voice was low and subtle.

"Yes..." I whispered as I glanced towards dad.

"Listen here Finn. Friday night, nine under the moon, Celestial Cafe. Something casual but cozy. No more" dad said as he made emphasis.

"Thank you dad" I whispered genuinely as I left.

I knew dad had been probably smiling, he liked thinking that I had found my special someone. Truth was, I knew he saw Fontaine as someone alike mother. They shared many traits, something dad saw as wonderful. Sure he often behaved like a pure pirate, but his soft spot for mom was obvious. Both mom and Fontaine were sassy, strong, competitive, and simply amazing. Madeline probably sensed this as well, but not as much as dad. Fontaine loved to hear me talk about my childhood when mom was alive. She often mentions my happiness and shine in my eyes.

"First mate Smiling Finn... What a surprise!" one of the pirates, Skull, greeted me.

"Ah Skull! Nice ta see you! How is Karen?" I asked as I smiled a bit.

"She is good mate. So. Heard ya have yer own girla. I think her name was... Fontaine? Ye?" Skull asked as he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Well don't words travel fast in this sub! But yes... Fontaine and I are finally an official couple" I said with a grin.

"Good far ya mate! You may be young but settling with a gal sure is nice!"

~time skip cuz author is lazy right now~

      After speaking with most of the crew. I realized that everyone was being quite supportive. Even Madeline seemed to like the idea of me having someone. Clearly I knew this was going to affect her, but both of us knew better than to dwell in something that hasn't happened yet. First I needed to make a reservation, mom always taught me to prepare things in advance, but still be ready for unexpected things. The person picked up the phone rather quickly, and that most certainly left me speechless for a minute or so.

      As he spoke I managed to get out of my trance and I made the reservation for a family table, Friday night, at nine. The man tried to trick me into some extra expenses, but I knew better. Celestial Cafe was a place where pirates would go with their families. And it was not new for the workers to try and strip someone from their money. After a few minutes I had won the argument and got the best table there was. Truth be told, I wouldn't have settled for less. Not only did I had to make reservations but I also needed to call Fontaine.

      After a few good seconds she picked up the phone. At first I sounded terribly anxious. Words stuck in my throat as if they were huge. But Fontaine being her, coaxed me out of my sudden shyness. Once I told her the news she sounded nervous. I really couldn't blame her, all her life pirates behaved like mere enemies. Unlike me and my family of course, sure we had bumps in the road. But we joked and sometimes helped, unlike some pirates which would never look back.

      I smiled when Fontaine seemed happy to be able to wear some new clothes she had recently bought. Apparently she had been saving them for a special occasion. And the fact that she saw this as extremely special made my heart soar. Fontaine was a serious girl, she usually saw things as they were and no more. Not only that but getting Fontaine to genuinely smile about something not related to the ocean was a hard task. She has been her whole life her, raised by marine biologists, only natural if you ask me.

      After an hour or so of speaking we finally said our goodbyes. And that was when it hit me, what if I started training harder? If I wanted to be with Fontaine I needed to protect her better. And so I made up my mind. I would train day and night if needed. But Fontaine needed to be safe no matter what.

Soooooo sorry for the delay guys. School was a mess. My family and I fought during Christmas time. I was forced to be more social and stuff. Plus me and my crush (one of my best friends) have been having some heart to heart. And truth be told I never would have thought that I would be away for so long. Not only that but my inspiration has been short lately. I ask for forgiveness and I hope to finish this project in order to start a new one..... A one shot book of the Nektons! Where I shall let my mind loose and have no boundaries such as timelines and "cause and effect" since they won't be related. Feel free to vote and comment. I love knowing what you guys think! And I would also like it for you guys to idk talk about how the story is going and stuff. You know. Love ya all