A murderer is on the lose! (Part 1)

Daviat's POV

I remember it. That moment when I followed my brother to the end of the street. He was acting suspicious to me, so I decided to follow him secretly. Lately, he's been daydreaming, feeling ill and looked thinner. But he always smile and said that he was tired because of his college and homeworks. But today, he seems depressed.

And there is that, when a guy was standing in front of him. He looked like, angry. I started to get anxious. Isn't he, the friend that always came to our house? But that night, I saw something that changed everything. My memory fades, there's a little black out in my mind. And when I know it, blood covered both of my hands. A puddle of blood was there. My brother looked at me shocked. I threw myself back when I saw the knive in my hand.

And the friend, his dead.

"Wake up sleepy heads! It's not like you're in heaven of dreams or something!"

I stunned. The policeman already yelling his voice out and hitting the cell with their baton or log or stick or whatever. He looked at me then laugh.

"You looked ridiciulous. Take a bath." He said opening my cell. I glare but then sighed. I'm used to this so, it's okay, only 5 years to go. I followed the guard out and into the bathroom. I hope a shower can cold my head for a while.

"Daviat, someone's here for you."

"I'm not in the mood." I said, playing the baseball in my hand. It was a limited edition baseball, my brother's favorite ball. I threw it to the wall, it flew back, I catch it and threw it again. Harold sighed and stare at me for awhile.

"It's Federick." I froze, holding the ball. "Your brother is here for you." The ball just fall right through the palm of my hand. Rick, is here.

Harold opened the door for me, I followed him quietly. Rick is here. Your brother is here, he said. And then there he is sitting in the other side of the glass, wearing a dirty hoodie, he's face looked thinner. And paler. I sit in front of him. He looked at me, giving a tiring smile. I took the phone in front of me, and slowly put it to my ears. He did the same.

"How are you."

"Fine." I'm trying to looked away from his eyes by looking the girl beside him that is talking to another prisoner beside me, Frans, if I'm not mistaken.

"It took me long enough to finally find you in this prison. It took me a 4 months to finally be brave enough to meet you here."

"Yeah. Long time." He turned silent. Then he smile again, heavily to me.

"It haunted me. And it's until the matter of time until God calld me."

"That's not going to happen." He stared at me. He's white thin hand hold the phone tighter until I thought his bones will break.

"It's over, brother." I froze. hearing that word. It's... over? I looked at him shockingly, don't tell me that... "Don't bother keeping up this drama."

"What are you... talking about?"

"The drama you've been mak..."

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!!!" I screamed, slamming the phone. 2 policemen hurried pulling me up from my frustration. Rick was shoving back and looked at me, stunned. I took a deep breath and glared at him. "DON'T YOU EVER COME BACK HERE YOU ASSHOLE!"

I try to break free from their hands and took a last look at my brother, before walking away. This is what I've done. So don't bother ruining it, Rick. I can do this alone. I'm your brother. I'm not going to let you destroy my work. It is what it should be. Harold looked at me curiously, I know what he's thinking.

"You stunned everyone in that room, Dave."

I remain silent but he didn't bother it.

"Do you remember, when we used to hang out together? We used to drink coffee in Starbucks every Thursday. And worked together in that small clothing shop for women. It was good times you know."

"Good times before I became a murderer."

"You didn't murder anybody."

"I did." I turned to him. "That's why I'm here."

"Daviat..."

"YOU KNOW I HAVE TO BE HERE!" I yelled. I looked him in the eyes. Only 4 months pass, and it's like the whole world have fell apart. I even haven't had the chance to say goodbye to her.

"Get into the cell!" A policeman suddenly showed up and push me into my cell. Trying to separate me from Harold, in case I will kill him in the next seconds. Damn. I sit on the floor trying to cold my head. The truth is, I'm sick of this cell, this prison, this life.

The baseball is the only thing that keep remembering the reason I stayed here. Rick.

It''s midnight. Everyone have fell asleep. The guards, the prisoners, but me. I stare at the ceiling above me. The moon was shining brightly today. I keep staring at the baseball in my hand. I've been thinking for awhile. And, I think it's the time.

I put my pillow in my blanket and try to made it looked like a person who sleeps. I put the baseball into my pocket and stare at the calendar. 124 days I've been through. ANd if what Rick said was true. I had to meet him. Maybe, it's the only chance to be with him. I took the calendar off, put it nicely under the bed and took a deep breath before pulling the rusty handle.

BAM.

It's open. I examine the inside with the light I have. I turned to take a candle and light it up. I think this is the way out. I crawled inside and close the door. It made another sound, but I don't care anymore. What is done, is done.

I crawled and try to looked where I'm going. It looks like a tunnel. But before I realise it, I suddenly fell. Where I don't know where I'm falling to and the candle, gladly, made it safe and soung to the ground. I hold my hand that felt hurt because of the fall. No, I have to get out from here before anyone realise I was gone. I took the candle and stood up.

It's looked like I'm in a dried sewer or something. I walked through the tunnel until I saw some light, means the surface! I put out the candle and ran to the source of the light. It was covered by some sort of grasses. I pull out the grasses and threw it away. And for the first time, at last, I can breathe the fresh air again.

I'm in a somekind of a large field without anyone there. Perfect. I pull out some grasses and put it to cover the tunnel. Hoping when morning comes, no one know that I escaped through the tunnel. I ran as far as I could to the other side of the field and lie down on the grass. It's been so long since I smelt the fresh air. 4 months of hell. Maybe, I should spend the night here.

Rick, could survive a night.. Right?