A weird girl

James's POV

“Geez, James. Wake up! We’re going to be late for our appointment.”

“Appointment to where?” I mumbled, try to pull my blanket over my head.

“The Doctor.”

“No use.” I replied. What is the point to go to the doctor when I’m already blind? Going to the doctor is a waste of time. “If I go, will it give me back my vision?”

            And she didn’t reply. I hate it when she does that, didn’t reply when I’m asking something serious. I sighed. I just hope that she will say that it can bring back my vision. But it’s just a dumb hope. It will never happen anyway. I just can accept the truth.

“Fine.” I said, sitting on my bed.

The breezy air hits my face. I forgot to wear a jacket today. My sister is still chatting with the doctor while they asked me to go out and take a walk. Damn, I hate my life. I could hear the sound of cars and people’s steps. Children’s laughing and the sound of the trees. I wish I could see all of that.

“KYAAA.”

I startled. Somebody just hit my leg. I hope I didn’t trip anybody.

“Are you okay?” I try to find the person that I accidentally trip. I could feel hair, hair that is very long. I bet it’s a girl.

“It’s okay, it’s my fault anyway.” She held my hands and start standing. “Are you one of the patient here?”

“Kind of.”

“Want to have something to eat? I’m starved.” She said, sitting on my side. I sighed. What’s with this girl? We even didn’t know each other, we just met a few second ago, now she asking me to have lunch with her?

“No thanks.”

“Man, you’re one tough guy.” She sighed. “Usually when a guy sees me, they will be the one that ask me. And now you have the only opportunity to have lunch with such beautiful girl, and you don’t accept it.” She hit my hand slowly.

I clench my fist. What is she trying to do? How can I see her when I’m blind?

“I can’t see you.” I said.

“You can’t see me? How could that be possible! It’s not like you’re blind right?”

I can’t answer. I just grew silent. She didn’t get it. I’m blind! I’m blind! I can’t play the piano, I can’t see the music sheets anymore. I’m useless without my eyes. My whole life, I’ve always played the piano. I’m nothing without it.

“Oh…” Her voice trembles. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know.”

“It’s okay.” I stood up from the bench.

“Wait!” She held my arm. “For an apology, how about some tea?”

I turn my head to the source of the voice. Maybe I can’t see her, but she sounded familiar. Okay, whatever.

“Where?”

Soon as I step in to a place, I could smell coffee and cakes. It’s smells wonderful. She held my hand all the way and she sounded very cheerful.

“This is my favourite café! We’re still in the hospital of course, but this café I better then even Starbucks! You have to try the apple pie too. It’s very delicious!”

She helped me sit in one of the tables. She’s really like a nurse. Maybe she is a nurse? Or just a visitor, or maybe a patient? Nah, it’s impossible. How could a patient sounded as cheerful as her? I sighed.

 "So what do you want to drink? Or maybe you want to try to chocolate muffin? It is supeeeer tasty!"

"No, nothing. I don't want anything."

"Whaaat? Come on, we came all the way here, okay, there's no turning back! Okay, then I'll just buy you my favourite! I'll be right back!"

"Up to you." I sighed again. This place seems to be crowded. I can hear many laughing, chattering, and some big steps or the sound of the fork and spoon clinging to the plate.There's a place like this in a hospital? I thought it was too crowded to be in a hospital.

And anyway she couldn't be a nurse. Nurses should be more elegant, more quiet and softer. Not like this weird girl that suddenly popped out from somewhere and drag the person that she just knew. What if I'm a bad guy? She'll never know.

What a drag. My life keep giving me problems.

"I'm back, what do you prefer? Chocolate chip or double chocolate chip? Or maybe..."

"I hate sweets."

"What? Don't lie, nobody hates sweets! Especially chocolate!"

"Every person have it's own taste."

"But... It is very delicious!!!" She almost yelled, I can hear the squeak came from her chair, it means she's standing up and then she falls back to her seat. "Fine!" I startled when she hit the table hardly.

"More for me!" Her voice changed to her original voice again, but this time, she made her voice higher. Creepy, this girl is one in a million."Do you want coffee? I'll get it for you then."

I put my chin on the palm of my hands and sigh. At last, nodded. I don't want to make any more problems. I already have a problem myself. No. Big problems. Suddenly, I can feel my hand stiffed. This song, the song that was played in the cafe. I used to play this song, my favourite one. My finger started to tap the table, as if the table was the piano and I am the one who played the song. 

It was...

"Wah! They played Claire de lune! Did you know this was my favourite song?" I stopped my fingers from tapping as soon as I heard her voice.

"Here's your coffee." She said. I took my fingers off the table. Forget it James, you were a pianist, and now you're not. You have to accept the truth, why can't you James?

"I should go."  I touch the table and search for the coffee until I can feel something cold touch my hand, squezze it gently and gave the cup of hot coffee to my hand. I pull my hand and stood up. I can hear the squeak of the chair, means she is standing up with me.

"Let me help you."

"I could do it myself."

"But.."

"Thanks anyway. I... repay you if we meet again."

"When we meet again then."

I leave hurriedly. This is weird. She sounded like...

Wah! It's Claire de Lune! My favourite song!