Revelation

~Tanner~

"Get the hell off of me, you assholes. You just let him take your alpha."

I struggled like hell against the three werewolves who now held me. One of the others had been woken up by my howls, and I couldn't remember his name, but who fucking cares. That bastard had taken my mate. Thankfully I had the strength of an alpha so the second they let me out of the crate, I threw both Rowin and Orlando against the wall. The other was in there a minute later when my wolf began roaring with anger through my human mouth. Now we were standing, me near the wall and the other three werewolves blocking the door. Well, not really anymore. All of us were bloody and panting heavily, but I was still in the game while the other three were barely standing.

"Get out of my way. Now," I warned, my voice deepening as I spoke. The threat was definitely not lost to them. I didn't care if they were his pack, they were nothing any longer. They had let him be hurt and taken away.

"T-Tanner...we promised...t-to protect...you," Orlando stuttered, pursing his lips.

"Oh yeah? Well when you sign on to be in a pack, that means you protect the pack. That means Cole too."

My anger was blinding me from everything except getting to Cole. The next time I blinked, I was in my wolf form and lunging at the others. I don't remember much of what I did to them, but as I bolted through the cold crisp night some time later, I hoped that they weren't dead and Cole was okay. I easily tracked my mate's scent along with the man who had taken them. Some seem to think that getting in a car erases the scent trail, but not for a werewolf. It would likely take me awhile to get there, but I wasn't going to stop running until I found my Cole.

~Cole~

I never thought I would be in such a demeaning situation for at least another few years. To be kidnapped from my own front door... pathetic. Sure I knew I would be usurped from my seat as alpha because of my bad eye and blood would likely spill during that fight, but for it to happen in this type of situation—

Hmph, what are the odds?

"Quite low, Alpha Cole. It is very unfortunate that you let your wish to protect that pup rule your decisions."

I ignored his words and let my mind wander in no real direction for a few moments while I moved a bit and sniffed the air. The scent of my blood was still strong, but many other scents, mainly that of cooking food, were beginning to overpower it. My body moving against hard plastic made me nearly one hundred percent sure that I was in a dog crate.

"What are you thinking about right now? I can sense there is something else in that interesting mind of yours besides the pain I caused you and your lost title."

My wolf growled immediately through my lips, giving him the answer he likely already knew.

"You love him.... that's why you gave yourself for the boy."

His face wasn't giving away much except for a faint hint of amusement, but the pain in my chest definitely dipped slightly deeper when he spoke about my feelings for Tanner.

Wait...feelings?

"I-I..."

"Don't go telling me you don't want him. It's written all over your face. Even if it may just be your wolf hearing the call for now, you'll soon follow. I can feel it in your mind since you are now a lower wolf."

I wasn't really sure what to say to that so I just sighed out a tired breath and let myself fall back to sleep, not wanting to acknowledge him or his words.