I Don't Trust You

My mind was starting to feel sluggish as the men spoke to each other. Pretty soon the one who had poked at me packed up his things and left, then I was carefully lifted and moved into a large bedroom. It smelled like the man who was carrying me...Cole.

"I'm going to set you down, then untie your legs so you can rest until your appointment tomorrow," he said as he carefully put me on a big pile of soft blankets that made me want to drift off right away. I'd never felt something so soft that wasn't freezing and didn't melt after a few seconds of resting on it. I don't know why my eyes closed while another werewolf was handling me, but everything about this place was so comfortable and warm compared to where I normally slept...

"Heh, feels good, doesn't it? I can't wait till you learn how to talk to me. All the stories you could tell after being alone for so long."

When I felt his hand gently stroke the fur along my face, I blinked open one eye and grunted a quiet woof in warning, but for some reason, that had him laughing.

"You're a sweetheart. All that growling had to just be fear. I'll show you that you're safe from now on, and I'll fix that leg of yours, too. Pretty soon you'll be running marathons with the other pups in the pack."

Weird person keeps talking when I don't even respond.

His attention shifted from my open eye to what he was working on with his hands. The ropes on my legs pulled and loosened, then were tossed aside to free them. Thankfully he hadn't messed with my injured one, only wrapped the other three with the rope earlier. Since they were free, I gave a good stretch and yawned before nuzzling a bit more into the soft blankets.

"I'd love to feed you some more, but the doctor said no food or water until after your surgery tomorrow. Once you're feeling better, though, I'll be spoiling you rotten."

He reached forward and patted my belly, making my ears pin back for a second before I realized he wasn't trying to hurt me.

"I'm gonna make this belly fat and fluffy once more. You'll be gorgeous when all of your fur grows back and you have a good twenty or thirty more pounds on you."

Hmm. Man, this person likes to talk about things I don't understand. Ramble ramble ramble, but at least he isn't hurting me at all and let my legs free of the ropes.

"I'm gonna have to keep that muzzle on you until we can actually communicate somewhat, though, but I swear I'll take good care of you."

With a slight roll of my eyes, I lifted my head and yawned, grumbling a few times as I did so since I couldn't open my mouth that wide because of the thing he'd fastened over it. The combined actions made it appear that I was mocking him, but he just laughed again. Geez.

"I get it. I'll leave you be. I'm pretty tired, too. Let me know if you need anything."

When he moved around me and then climbed into a thing I think was called a bed? I licked my lips in thought. I remembered from a long time ago, I had a bed...it was a car...a race car, I think is what Mom called it. It was so cool and comfy...I want that again. Could I have that again? Would this man let me use his bed? Even a little part?

I knew I was pushing him and still honestly didn't trust the man at all, but I was tired and the remembrance of my old bed got my body moving.

"Woof..."

He was just getting comfortable when he heard my quiet bark and looked over at me.

"What's up, Tanner? Do you need to go to the bathroom?"