Fearless? - Chapter Eight

‘If you look into your own heart, and you find nothing wrong there, what is there to worry about? What is there to fear?’

- Confucius

Chapter Eight

While Azelie had slept, it wasn’t perfect - she still woke up in the middle of the night from a nightmare, but at least it wasn’t from her own cries. She got up around five, lying wide awake in her warm bed while waiting for a decent hour to crawl out of her room to face the world. She quickly got changed into her joggers before going for her run, pushing herself harder and harder as she went, her stomach churning on air as she ran down the roads outside her house. 

She stopped at the start of the bridge, looking across it as she strinted straight over it - Cole’s terrified face filling her mind, their fight replaying over in her head. Maybe she should have checked twice to make sure that he wasn’t following her, that he didn’t see her visiting her therapists. There had been nobody around at the time, something that Azelie was thankful for. In a small town, news travelled fast, especially when you worked in the local café. She continued to run home, trying to push herself to her limit. She ran down her street, hastily running as she ran inside to her house and shooting up the stairs, quickly jumping in showering and getting ready for school. She threw on a pair of dark skinny jeans, along with a random top that she pulled out of her wardrobe before grabbing a matching hoodie and slipping on a pair of trainers. She then made her way downstairs to have breakfast with Ted before making her way to school.

Azelie’s day passed quickly. Her classes in the morning where all one’s that she enjoyed - art, English and physics and so it didn’t take long before Azelie was getting ready for her last class before lunch - History. Azelie was making her way to class when she heard her name being shouted from behind her. She turned around to see a cluster of pink running towards her, making it’s way towards her through the busy corridors. She smiled as she recognized the person as Kelly.

“Azelie! Wait up!” Kelly cried, battling her way through the crowds to she could meet Azelie and flashing her the usual happy smile that was forever formed on her lips. 

“Hey,” Azelie replied, smiling over at her friend.

“Did you get home in time on Sunday or where you late?” Kelly questioned, referring to the fact that she thought that Azelie had to leave the café early to get home, instead of the truth that she had an appointment with her therapist. 

“Yeah, it was all fine,” she smiled, trying to figure out some way to change the subject. “You ready to be bored to death in history?” she questioned, as she began walking down the corridor, Kelly by her side as they made their way to their class. 

“Oh god no! Don’t remind me!” Kelly replied, throwing her hands in the air in exasperation, accidentally hitting the person who was walking behind her. The smile instantly slipped off Kelly’s face as she realised that she had hit somebody as she turned around to apologize, but it was too late. 

“HEY! Watch it!” a shrill voice shrieked, pushing Kelly straight forward from behind. Kelly stumbled forward, Azelie managing to grab on to her arm before she fell, however this cause Kelly to slam into the person in front of her, making them fall slightly.  Kelly apologized to the person she had crashed into as she turned around to face the person she had accidentally smacked, her face falling as she realised who she had hit. Kelly’s favorite person of all - Leigh.