Hard To Get

HEYY! New story. I know i haven't continued the first one but i happen to be stuck :( Well enjoy this one for now! This first chapter is short sorry! Its just the intro!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Show them how it's done Kelsey," I hopped up from the cold metal bench and ran to the center of the field. I was being asked to show the new girls on the team how to properly do the routine. I smiled at them and then turned around, clapping my perfectly manicured hands together. Being on the field made my pulse race, i love the attention and the thrill. The routine came flooding back to me and i easily went through it, doing every cheer, flip, and dance move perfect.

“Go Wildcats!” I shook my red and white pom-poms in the air before flipping backwards and landing perfectly on my feet. “And that’s how you do it newbie’s.”  I gave a small curtsey after the round of applause and then ran off the field to where the team members where gathered. I sat down and retied my shoes listening in to what my best friend Eva was talking about.

“You will never be able to do that.” Eva threw her head back in laughter, her brown, blonde streaked ponytail swinging behind her.

“What are you guys talking about?” I asked eager to know what was so impossible.

“We were talking about Noah Greyson.” Came a voice from the outside of the circle, it belonged to Lacey Quinton. She rolled her eyes and tossed her deep red hair behind her back. Lacey had hated my guts ever since we were little and now I had beaten her for cheer squad captain, making it worse. As for Noah Greyson, he was one of the hottest guys to walk the planet. He was a year older than them, a senior and every girl lusted over him. He was the definition of tall, dark, and handsome, but there was one problem with him. He refused to have sex till marriage, making every girl go nuts.

“What about him?”

Eva shook her head and pointed a finger at Lacey. “Lacey here thinks she can get him in bed by the end of the school year.”

“And I can do it.” Lacey gave Eva a dirty look, making her face look more messed up then before. Her scrunched up face reminded me of a pug and made me bring a hand up to my mouth to hid the laughter.

A few other girls giggled from a few feet away and Lacey gave them the ugly glare. Reaching up to the ribbon in my hair, i tightened my caliornia blonde locks into a ponytail and decided to have a little fun; I knew exactly how to push the redhead’s buttons, it was the easiest thing ever. “I bet you I can get him in bed before you can.” I relaxed back and slipped my fingers through the crisp blades of grass and smirked at Lacey.

“Yeah right, he’s not going to give himself to a slut like you.”

Eva gasped and pushed Lacey slightly, “Don’t say that to my best friend!”

“What? You all know it’s true. Kelsey has humped and dumped more than half the guys at this school.”

I brushed off her lame comment and shook my head and continued to smirk, “That’s real cute Lace, funny how at that party the other night you hooked up with not one guy, but three.”

“You know that’s not true.” Lacey’s face scrunched up in anger and she clenched the ends of her maroon cheer skirt. “I can do anything better than you anyway, you don’t even deserve to be cheer captain.”

I bite my lip and turned away, not letting her win by seeing my anger. I calmed myself back down and turned back towards Lacey. That kind of remark did not fly with me. “Oh it is on Lacey Quinton. We’ll finally get to see who’s really the best.”

“If I win, I want to be the cheer captain. You’ll step down.” A look of evil flashed over her face and she held up a perfectly manicured hand.

“Kels, please don’t do it. I don’t need a devil as my cheer captain.” Eva whispered from the side and looked on at the girls wide eyed.

“Deal.” I shook her hand, not even thinking about possible outcomes.

“GIRLS, quit sitting around.” Coach White clapped her hands and the girls scattered, returning to their routine.

****

 “I cannot believe you did that.” Eva shook her head and pulled a calc book out of her locker. She dropped it in her bag and turned around to face Kelsey. “What if Lacey wins?”

“Are you kidding?” I rolled my eyes, appalled by my best friend’s statement. “You know me Eva; I can charm the pants off of any guy. Why is Noah any different?”

“Uhm maybe because he plans on being a 40 year old virgin.”

“Who’s a 40 year old virgin?” A pair of hands snaked around Eva’s waist and kissed her cheek.

“Hey babe, you’ll never believe what dumbass Kelsey did.” Eva leaned up and kissed her boyfriend Jeremy before turning her attention back to Kelsey. “She made a bet that she can get Noah Greyson into bed.”

Jeremy immediately started laughing, not even missing a beat. “Ya right.”

“Why does no one think I can do it?” I slammed my locker closed and pulled the new purse my dad had gotten me up on my shoulder.

“Believe me, the furthest you’ll get with the guy is second base. He’s a good guy.” Jeremy was on the football team with Noah, they were pretty good friends. So what he was saying had to be true.

“Whatever, you guys are haters.” A tall figure came in to view at the end of the hallway and i immediatley knew it was exactly the person I had been hoping to see. “Excuse me kids.” I walked away from my friends and pulled up my skirt to flash a little leg and fix my hair. Shaking my hips behind me, I reached my target and leaned against the locker next to his. “Hi, I’m Kelsey.”

The locker closed and the boy looked over at me, taking my breath slightly away. He was even better looking up close. His hair was a dark brown color and his eyes a gorgeous brown to match. He was wearing a red flannel shirt and dark jeans, dressing the way every guy should.  “Hi.”

As he spoke, i shook myself from my daydream and refocused on my goal. “I wanted to wish you good luck at your game tonight, I’ll be there cheering you on.” I gave him my best flirty wink and took a step closer, placing a hand on his arm.

“Thank you Kelsey.” He gave her a polite smile and walked away, not even phased by her charm.

My mouth gaped slighty open as I stood there completely stunned. What had just happened? I had never been rejected and i was not willing to be. Maybe this wouldn’t be as easy as I had thought.

 ****

 “Hello? I’m home.” I dropped my book bag at the door and listened to the silence of a big empty house. My father was on a business trip, which meant he was screwing his lover and my mom was right where she had been this morning, hung over on the couch. “Whatever.” I sighed and headed towards the kitchen. Opening the door to the fridge, i peered inside the huge box. There was nothing but a few bottles of alcohol, most of them almost empty. My mom had promised the night before she would go shopping, but once again she had let me down by going out instead. I brushed the anger back inside of myself and instead decided to go for a run; it helped me clear my mind of this awful family life. It made would make me feel confident, and i was definitley going to need that in order to win Noah Greyson over.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note: This is literally the worst first chapter ever. I promise you it will get better! Please tell me if you like it(: