Chapter 5

^^this is Lydia

*Unedited so sorry for any grammar mistakes!

After pulling myself away from Liam I decided that it was time to head back to my pack. A small pack like mine it very vulnerable without its Alpha.

Of course Liam hates for me to go and since he can't come with me he sends two of his warriors with me to stay for a few days. I throw my arms around his neck once again and nervously give him a kiss on the cheek. Sensing that I'm not ready for anything more he nods and holds me close once more.

Then we're off, back to our small home pack.

After the run home were greeted by some lower ranking pack members, "Show these warriors to their rooms" I order referring to Liam's pack members. Then Lydia practically drags me up to my office.

"Omg he's so hot," she says, "how'd you get so lucky?! Tell me everything!"

She's so excited that she doesn't notice that I've  stopped. I sniff the air again, hoping I'm wrong. Nope.

"Someone was in here. A rogue."

She stops her rambling and starts to sniff the air as well. Smelling the same thing I did we both begin to search the room to see if anything was left behind. Nothing.

"How'd they even get in here? This is the Alphas office for crying out loud!" I'm so angry that I'm seeing red. Why would they even come in here? And how?

"Ember you still have your mind barriers up, but we just got linked that two patrol men were found dead on the east side of the pack house." Lydia tells me.

The east side. Where my room is. Damn it! I feel Silvia start to stir inside of me. Nobody messes with my pack. I go outside to where a group has gathered around the dead men. Getting a better look I can see that it's John and Marcus. Marcus's mate, Maria, fall to the ground screaming and crying.

"Jayden," I say to Maria's friend, "take her inside and watch over her"

By now the entire pack besides children and some women who are watching them has arrived. I stand in front of them all and speak out,

"Two of our own have fallen, and it is a great loss to this family. Marcus and John will be missed, but we have to use their deaths as a mark of war. This is the doing of rogues. I found their sent in my office when I came back from my trip," at this everyone starts talking worriedly, "QUIET!" I yell using my Alpha voice.

I see Liam's men standing in the back of the crowd. One of them, Adrian I think his names is, sends a nod my way letting me know that they've mind linked Liam about the events taken place. Shit. He's probably on his way.

"I have some good news for you all that may help with the situation. I have met my mate, Alpha Liam Craven of the Blue Moon pack and we have an alliance with them. We are not alone in this fight against the rogues."

Despite all of their tears over the fallen members, my pack manages to smile up at me. They know that an alpha that has a mate is much stronger than one without one. It gave them hope, just as I intended the news to.

I instruct my Chief warrior, Zeda, to prepare the bodies for a proper burial which will happen tomorrow. Then I take Lydia back up to my room, not wanting to be alone.

She sits on my bed and looks at my tired face.
"Go take a shower and go to bed. You've worked hard, Ember. Now take care of yourself so that you can take care of this pack. I'll be here when you get out so you won't be alone."

I smile gratefully at her, what would I do if I didn't have her in my life?

I realize I said that out loud when she replies, "you'd work yourself to the grave and then come back as a zombie to order people around some more" we laugh and she shoos me away into the bathroom.

I get undressed and turn the handle of the shower on. I step into the shower, not letting any water hits me in case it's still cold. When I finally think it's warmed up enough I test it out by letting the water hit my shoulder.

It burns so badly that my vision goes black. I scream as loud as I ever had, it's been a long time since I've felt this kind of pain.

When finally I manage to climb out of the shower my body decides that it can't handle any more pain and collapses to the ground. The last thing I see is Lydia kicking the door open and yelling my name before my vision goes black.