Chapter 24

We run from the training center to the front of the pack house, where the message was delivered. What the warrior didnt tell us was that the pack member, Tim, was alive when he arrived. Just barely, enough to give a slight amount of hope, only for it to be ripped away. They're good at that.

The doctor was already there, they called him before us in an attempt to save Tim's life, but it didn't work. Pack members slowly were gathering, the news spreading. Liam stands in front of them all,

"Go home. You don't want to see this. Jane," he gestures towards the woman sobbing on the ground. "You don't want to remember your mate this way. Grace, bring her home please. Keep an eye on her and the children." he dismisses the pack, and a few members carry the wife of Tim away.

Once everyone has left but Me, Liam, Lydia, and Jason, we take a proper look at what has been done. Lydia has tears running down her face, we all struggle to keep it together.

"How did they even do this?" Jason asks, referring to the wounds left on the body of our pack member.

"Those are whips," I say pointing to the rips in his jeans, then his arms, "Chains with silver covered barber wire. I see marks from his favorite knife, and the Betas blow torch." The more I talk the closer they seem to throwing up.

"I've experienced all of these, but never all together. It was too much for one man to handle. It takes weeks to heal from one or two things, he probably wasn't even given five minutes."

Liam growls and yanks me into his arms, "Mine. He won't ever touch you again."

"Liam, this isn't about me. Well, it is since this was done because they want me, but right now we have to focus on not letting this happen to any more of our pack. This poor man was put through hell, I can't let it happen again."

Jason bends down to the body and grabs the CD that lays in his hands.

"We will add more patrols, in groups. And we can talk details later, but right now I think we need to see what this bastard has to say to us."

"Agreed" Liam says, "We will also be discussing our attacks, they just got moved up on the schedule"

A while later we all sit once again in the conference room. The laptop is on, and we're about to play yet another video from this sick bastard, who is beginning to just be annoying.

Hello again, Sweetling

I feel a shudder gothoughout my entire body. His voice alone disgusts me.

Did you like my message? I had to make sure you knew i was serious. Also, there's something else I would like to share with you.

Do you remember the day that you came to us?

Of course I do you monster. You killed my entire family! He chuckles on screen, almost asif he could hear my thoughts.

Fun times. But there is something you don't know. You never had to know until now. You see, since we had you we didn't need anyone else. But that doesn't mean we never had anyone else. She was kept in a cell, left alone for the most part. You entertained us enough...but then you left , so now we're gunna have to start using our backup some more..

Bring her in!

We hear a clanking noise, the someone walking in chains. The gaurd practically throws a woman to the ground.

Stand up dearie.

When she does I finally see her face. Its aged a bit and is covered in bruises, but she still has the same features. The same brown hair, hazel eyes... I take a sharp breath,

"Mom"

__________________________________________________________________________________