Shapeshifting Heart

Source: (DEVIANTART) A Clockwork Eye by Sux2BeMe

A god's power relies on the loyalty of the humans. The human's worshipping strengthen the Gods, but for now, it is weak. Humanity is at the verge of forgetting these deities or gods as it is the age mythology shall go to ruins, the only cause is: they started believing in themselves, and started swallowing the red pill and face "reality".

The soldiers have pulverized the Gods with inhuman strength and weapons. The Gods turned into fine particles and mist: Poseidon's particles flew to the nearby beach; Zeus's particles floated in the horizon; Ares's and the others flew elsewhere; Jehovah's was the brightest, floating upwards.

The earthquake stopped. Leaving Cyrus and his army alone in the ruined burning city. Eli managed to escape the vicinity, shapeshifting into a small bird. Barely visible to the giant nine-feet tall army. Once he escaped fully, he turned into an eagle, sometimes a peregrine falcon. It was hard for him to shapeshift to whatever he wanted hence he's slightly bruised. The distant roar of Cyrus still vibrated through the buildings as Eli went miles away from the ruined city. He flew through trails of smoke, he dodged falling rubble from burning skyscrapers.

"Sweetie?" said Sarah, trudging towards the door.

Eli laid down at the couch, flickering between forms of a dog, a turtle, a vulture, and a dolphin. He managed to maintain into a human form.

"They found me, Sarah. We-- I-- I don't know how" said Eli.

Sarah rummaged through a first-aid kit and took care of the bruises on Eli's forehead, and other parts of the body.

"Beta Odysseus is like... hundreds of light years away-- How--"

"It's okay Eli. Everything'll be fine."

"You call that fine, Sarah? The city's burning, Earth is being destroyed, and I'm going to lose you. You think that's gonna be okay to me?" said Eli, holding Sarah's shoulders.

"Leave me, Eli. Just-- just leave me. It's the only way"

"No, sweetie look at me. Look at me."

Sarah while trying to hold back her tears, looked at Eli's eyes. Eyes that doesn't belong in this planet. Eyes of an alien. Eyes of a lover.

"We're still gonna have our family, Sarah, I promise you that. I-- I promise."

Metallic sounds rumbled through the distance outside their apartment. Blue lights entered the living room through curtains. Waving frequencies of sounds blared their ears. Sets of Cyrus's soldiers wrecked the whole door frame and the walls, one knocked Sarah out in the most miserable way, the soldiers began dragging her through the direction of their own big black spaceship almost the size of the Empire State Building, casting a big shadow over the city. Eli with all his human skill, speed, and strength, tried to chase after her, but was stopped by the soldiers who sent him flying towards the wall, creating a hole through a room.

"SARAH!" he exclaimed. But she was motionless, and was now inside the spaceship.

Sets of soldiers swung their glowing blue titanium weapons towards Eli, but he dodged them with grace. Shapeshifting into a big ten-feet tall bear, he fought back and managed to deflect back a few soldiers, sending them flying through different directions. The apartment floor is almost broken. He dived outside the open balcony, from a twelve-story building. He was about to shapeshift into a bird but a soldier caught him airborne and pinned him down the driveway. Eli, with all his strength tried to stop the soldier's sword inches away from his throat. Few more soldiers dropped from the air to try to assist.

Just in time, Eli shapeshifted into a small bird, a bluethroat. Leaving the soldier stabbing the ground with its sword. The soldiers searched for him in confusion, scanning every direction. Eli flew beside the soldier who pinned him down and eventually, he shapeshifted into a twelve-feet tall rock golem with enormous arms and body. With fierce momentum, he swung the soldier with a big punch and made him flew about hundreds of yards away, dropping his sword. The soldiers were fearless. They still charged the huge stone beast but Eli managed to keep up the pace, crushing and knocking them out.

Few soldiers decided to shoot him with arrows the same thing they did with Artemis. Before he could swing a punch at the next soldier, he was struck by dozens of arrows at his chest with the speed of lightning. The arrows, with ungodly strength, sent him thousands and thousands of yards away, breaking down buildings, creating holes through them as he swoop through and through.

His flight stopped nearby a chinese restaurant. He flickered between forms of a dolphin, a cyclops, a dodo bird, until he stopped and returned to his original form: a humanoid the same size as Cyrus and the soldiers. He pulled each arrow from his body without effort. The spaceship flew towards Eli's direction. Cyrus's army chased him down, ready to strike and obliterate Eli.

Cyrus dropped and landed in front of Eli. He put his arm up, signaling the army to halt. Then, pointed his longsword at Eli's throat.

"As much as I hate to do this, little brother, but..." Cyrus said, and he lowered his sword, away from Eli's throat. "I'm giving you a second and last chance. Meet us back in our planet. Get that relic out of your chest, and give it to us. And no one will be hurt. As simple as that." he added. He signaled his army. One by one, they went back inside their spaceship and was waiting for Cyrus to get on board.

"You're a disgrace to the family, Cyrus. You ARE the traitor."

"Father is long DEAD. The age of peace is OVER, don't you get it, Eli? It's time to make things different. Our planet is done being used by other planets. They see us as maids. The relic of Zorak is the last piece. NOW THINK ABOUT YOUR LAST CHANCE, ELYUS PALLAS, BEFORE I CHANGE MY MIND."

Cyrus hopped on board the big spaceship and flew outside the Earth's atmosphere with immense speed.