Chapter 4~ Perfect

~A/N~ This is really just more of a filler chapter, some more good stuff will be next, I just have to make a couple tweaks first. Read, Comment, Vote, Tell Your Friends! ~jordy

Chapter 4~ Perfect

The next morning, I decided to go with a purple and black outfit and I just braid my hair. “Don’t forget you’re grounded! Come straight home later!” my mom yells, as I head out the door.

I take my time wandering down the path towards the center. “Clove!” I hear someone yelling behind me. I stop and turn just as Cato nearly runs me over. “Whoa! Don’t squish me! I exclaim. “I almost did, you’re so tiny!” he laughs. “Hey! I resent that!” Although in all honesty, he could totally crush me. The top of my head barely grazes his shoulder, that’s how tall he is. “Sorry, here’s a proper ‘Hello’. Good morning, beautiful,” he finishes it with a nice long kiss. “I’ve got to admit, I could get used to that,” I say with a smile. “Good, because I think you’ll have to, since I have every intention of doing that as often as I possibly can.” As if to prove this, he leans down toward me, but I dart away, racing for the center. “I’ll get you for that!” he laughs, running to catch me.

He gets his arms around my waist just as I reach the door. He swings me around so that my back is against the door. He grins, “

That was very naughty, Clove. Running away like that. What should your punishment be?” He’s got one arm next to my side, and the other beside my head, effectively boxing me in. But he has all of his weight pressed against me, so I get an evil idea. I inconspicuously slide my hand down to the door knob. He leans down to kiss me, thinking I can’t escape now. But I have been trained to escape. Right before our lips touch, I turn the handle and slide quickly to the side, under his arm, throwing Cato onto the center floor.

I am rolling with laughter by now, it’s so amusing seeing big, strong Cato, taken down by little ole me. By the time he stands back up, I am shaking uncontrollably with laughter, my sides are actually hurting. “You think this is funny?” he demands. “I..well…I- yeah.” I manage, my laughter starting to subside. “Ha-ha very funny, you got me,” he says sarcastically. I can tell his ego has been wounded. Ah, well, it was a little too big anyway. I sober and walk up to him, sliding my arms around his waist. Looking up at him with my best ‘sweet and innocent’ face, I say, “I’m sorry, are you mad at me?” He swings his arm around my shoulders and we start walking towards the knife racks. “Nah, I’m not mad. I’ll get you back, just you wait and see,” he assures me with a wink. “Good, because I wasn’t really sorry,” I tease.

We start to practice together. We go over knife-throwing some more, he’s getting better. He is still nowhere near as good as me, though, but still. Cato tries showing me to use a sword, but it’s pretty much no use. It’s just too big and heavy for my petite frame. We talk while we work, and I am enjoying this time with him.

Later, as we’re packing up to leave, Cato pulls me aside. He backs me into a wall and puts his arms around my waist. I stand on tip-toes and slide mine around his neck. “You want to do something tonight?” he asks. “Aww, baby, I would love to, but I can’t,” I say regretfully. “What? Why not?” he inquires, looking perplexed. “My mom is mad about my close call with curfew last night, so I’m grounded for two weeks.” I say. “I’m sorry, that’s my fault, I should have brought you home sooner.” He assures me. “Well, we can’t do anything about it now. We’ll just have to hang out while we’re here,” I suggest. “I guess so. Hey, you still owe me a kiss from this morning. And you have to enjoy it,” he smirks. “I owe you nothing and you’ll like it,” I retort. “Fine, I’ll just have to go find some other girl to-,” he was cut off by me jerking him down to my level and swiftly covering his mouth with mine. I gave him a long slow kiss, loving the feel of his muscular arms and shoulders beneath my hands. I was really getting into the kiss, until I felt him smirk. I shoved him away when I realized what had happened. “You jerk! You tricked me into kissing you!” “That I did. I told you I would get you back. Plus you’re cute when you’re all feisty and mad,” he adds with one of those cute winks. I feign mock indignant, “If you want to play like that, then I won’t be playing at all. I will withhold my kisses until you apologize for tricking me,” I say, folding my arms. “Nah, you’ll cave soon and be begging me to kiss you. Because really, how can you resist this adorable face? Or this great body? I won’t have to do anything.” Ah, there’s the Cato I know, he’s back to his old arrogant self, apparently recovered from this morning’s ego attack. “We’ll see,” I say, turning to go.

I strut away to the locker rooms, swinging my hips a little as I go. I am conscious of Cato’s eyes on me, which is exactly what I wanted. I counted for maybe a full ten seconds before I hear the footsteps behind me. I am spun around and the only thing I hear is, “I’m sorry,” before I am pulled into a long kiss. I win. As always.

Overall, except for the whole grounded thing, this was the perfect day. Plus, I can add to my ever growing list. Cato, my brutal, vicious, perfectly sensitive, fun-loving gentleman.

~A/N~ I am considering entering the Watty Awards, should I or should I not? Any feedback is welcome!