Call Me Maybe

Hey! So, I'm having trouble writing the end of my Ria/ Nate part. It's just not quite right. So, instead, I've decided to give you a taste of one of my other pairs! Tell me what you think :)

~ S <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your stare was holdin', ripped jeans, skin was showin'.

~Carly Rae Jepson

"Hey Mack!" Abigail shouted, as she walked into the nearly empty bar, closing the door behind her.

"Hey Gail! Long time no see!"

"Wow Mack," she smirked, as she tilted her head towards one boy in the back, "pretty busy today!" Abby had a growing feeling she had seen that boy somewhere before, but decided to ignore it. She felt that way about most people who she saw in the bar, after having drawn so many different people, every one seemed to blend together.

"He just came in," Mack said, as the boy in question took a sip of what looked like it was Coke. "He doesn't look too bad, either! You'd probably have him going crazy in a minute though, give or take a few seconds." He ran a hand through his gray hair as he leaned against the counter and closed his eyes and smiled lightly. "You always do."

Abby let out a small tinkling laugh as she stepped behind the bar, threw her bulky beige messenger bag on the ground, and poured him a drink. 

"Here," she said, handing him the shot of whisky, "take a break. After all," Abby smiled, "you have been working quite hard." Her smile grew as Mack chuckled before taking a sip of his drink.

"Thanks, but do you know what would make this break even better? If you would sing for me."

"Don't you wish," she grinned.

"Yeah, I do! Come on Gail, the last time you sang was a month ago! Do an old man a favor! Go sing some karaoke! Please?"

Abby sighed as she shook her head, her bob swishing from side to side, and finished drying the glass she had just washed. "Fine," she said, gently putting it away, "one song."

Slowly, she turned around and groaned as she trudged over to the small karaoke stage, Mack cheering behind her. Abby sluggishly flipped through the pages of songs, trying to decide which song to sing. It was at this time she noticed the boy, watching her, as he carefully sipped his coke with one hand, as he ran the other through his sandy blond waves, a light smile playing on his thin lips. Slowly, realization came to her. She did know this boy. She knew him rather well. At that moment, she also knew exactly which song she was going to sing, as she smiled to herself, and flipped to the right page.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Moose smiled to himself as a very familiar opening tune began to play. Well, he thought, this ought to be fun, he said, as he placed his hand on his knee, over the hole in his ripped jeans.

I threw a wish in the well,

Don't ask me I'll never tell,

I looked to you as it fell, 

And now you're in my way.

I trade my soul for a wish,

Pennies and dimes for a kiss,

I wasn't lookin' for this,

But now you're in my way.

He was completely captivated. Moose watched her as the song began to absorb her. Suddenly, their eyes connected. The girl smiled at him, and he could feel the smile on his face growing as he uncontrollably smiled back.