Cowboy Casanova

So, here's my new story. Tell me if you like it, and if you think I should keep going! I really like this song, Cowboy Casanova by Carrie Underwood, and thought it fit the boys and Thera's character well, so, here it is :) Vote, comment, etc. if you think it deserves it. If not, well, I guess I need to find something else to write...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

He looks like a cool drink a water, but he’s candy-coated misery. He’s the devil in disguise, a snake with blue eyes, and he only comes out at night.

~Carrie Underwood

Moose, Zander, Jon and Garret sat at the shady picnic table under the big cherry tree directly across from the exit, as they watched the crowd pour outside for lunch.

“What about that one?” Zan grinned.

“Nah, she’s too easy”, said Jon, scowling, as he watched her check him out.

“C’mon, man!” Moose complained. “That’s the best part!” The girls giggled as he flipped his sandy hair and winked in their direction while they walked by.

“Don’t tease them,” Garret said lazily as he observed the crowd. “They might actually believe you.” He stared off into the distance, bored. Then, all of a sudden, the whip of a long, strawberry blond, ponytail, caught his attention. “Her,” he said intensely. “I want her.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thera‘s long, strawberry blonde ponytail swished behind her as she stepped out of the door and breathed in the fresh air. Quickly, she started across the outdoor lunch area to her friends, her favorite worn-in cowboy boots clicking against the pavement. A wide grin spread across her face as her best friend charged at her, Teah, ran at her and flung her arms around her neck.

“Oh Catherine, darling, how I’ve missed you so!” She shouted in an obviously fake British accent. 

Thera’s smile widened. “Dearest Christina, I’ve missed you as well. These past 10 minutes really have been too long,” she replied, in an equally awful British accent.

Teah giggled and then stopped when she noticed Thera’s shirt. “Seriously, Ther? Plaid? I swear, one day, while you sleeping, I will creep into your room, through your window, steal all your flannel shirts, tear them to shreds, burn them, then lock the ashes in a chest, which I will then sink to the bottom of the middle of the Mariana Trench! I’m going to be a fashion major and you go around wearing that? You’re ruining my reputation!”

“Seriously, Ther,” Adrianne chirped in, “Some days I think you do it just to bug her,” she chuckled.

“This isn’t funny!” Teah squawked. “It’s a fashion disaster! She’s a walking monstrosity!”

The monstrosity in question, simply laughed. “Hey, you can take a girl out of the country, but you can’t take the country out of the girl,” she winked.

“Uh, Ther,” Abby said, sounding nervous, “you might want to listen this time...”

“And why is that, Bi?” She smirked.

“Look...” Abby whimpered.

The three quickly turned their heads to the direction Abby was pointing at and gasped, as they finally noticed the four boys staring directly at Thera.

“How long have they been watching her?” Teah whispered.

“Garret’s been staring at her since she set foot outside,” Abby replied. “N-not that I’ve been watching,” she stuttered.