Jar of Hearts

Hey! Sorry, it took so long! This chapter is super long! it was supposed to be longer, but I decided that I should probably update, so I did. We'll see how this goes! The next chapter should be up soon, seeing as it's like halfway done :D Enjoy and tell me what you think :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And who do you think you are, running round leavin scars, collecting your jar of hearts?

~Christina Perri

“Ok," Dri whispered to herself, "I think that's all of it." She groaned as she lifted up her heavy back pack and almost toppled over. "God, you'd think my binders were made of granite," she mumbled. At that moment, her bag fell off her shoulder and flipped over, her things poured out and spread around her. She groaned yet again. "Why me?"

Just then, a familiar mop of dark hair showed up, as Jon bent down to help her pick up her things. "Adrianne Romero," he read off of her Chemistry binder. "Romero... Is it... hispanic?" He said as he picked up and twirled a lock of her long ebony hair around one of his fingers.

"Gee," she smirked, "what gave it away?"

He laughed. "You know, I still owe you, for bumping into you earlier. What do you say I take you out some time?" His eyes looked almost indigo as he smiled. 

"What," Dri asked, "are you guys trying to get to Thera through her friends now?"

"No," he said, his smile barely there now, "I just wanna hang out with you. But, I guess that's not going to happen." He sighed as he stood up and gave Dri her binder back. Guess I'll see you around, Ria."

"Ria?" She shouted after him as he walked away.

He turned and smiled. "Yeah, because-"

"Save it," she interrupted. "You can tell me while we're eating our ice cream. Meet me back here in half an hour. I'll be waiting," she winked.

Dri waved slightly as she turned and walked away, not looking back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, free period. How I love thee! Dri smiled as she strolled over to her locker, and stopped, once she noticed the dark-haired boy standing next to it.

Why did I agree to this again? She thought to herself. Ok, dri, just dont get attatched. You'll be fine. And whatever you do, don't forget. Zak.

She cringed at just the thought of that name. Dri had gone out with him for a year and a half. It seemed to start out rather innocently, but got bad fast. He never loved her and never would. 

Adrianne was the silent girl who sat in the corner of the room at parties, drinking water. Then, along came Zak. He saw her one day, sitting in her corner, reading her book, and sipping her bottle of poland springs. He didn’t leave her alone. Of course, she tried to shake him off. It was the last book in her favorite series and she had 3 chapters left. She had to finish. However, he was persistent, and in the end, his persistency payed off. Addy had started to believe he loved her. 

Addy. She hadn't thought about that nickname it so long. It was what he had called her, forbidden to anyone else, and now forbidden forever. She thought the nick name, and the persistence were all because of love, the ultimate reason he tried so hard, but in the end, she was just another prize to be won, and he was still the best player in a game she didn’t want to play. Just like with Jon. She was just another part of his game. 

He seemed to be absorbed in a song on his iPod, his eyes closed, bobbing his head to the beat, as she walked over, not noticing her right up until he jumped, when she dropped her books into her locker.