Chapter 13: Help

Hours passed, and I just sat beside Kyle, still trying to absorb what he just told me. Many times, I tried to close my eyes, praying I would see my human, that Kyle was wrong about her being 'deleted', but everytime I close my eyes, I see nothing but darkness... emptiness. 

Kyle and I turned when the door flew open. Brandon entered the room. I stood, and walked away to the other side of the room. He's my father, how could he let this happen to me? I sat there, avoiding his eyes.

I saw him kneel in front of Kyle, who just stared at him angrily. He whispered something to Kyle, and gave him something that I couldn't see from where I was. Kyle just stared at him for a while, I saw confusion written all over his face. Brandon stood up right after, and quickly made his way out of the room.

I decided to walk back to Kyle. We stared at each other for a moment. 

What was it, Kyle?

He showed me his palm, and there I saw a key. I stared back at him.

What's that for?

I already had an idea in mind, but I didn't want to raise my hope, especially that key came from my father. 

 "It's a key... to that window."  He looked at the locked window.

He stared at it for a moment, he seemed to be doubtful himself.

Then, he stood up, slowly aimed the key to the keyhole, and turned it. 

CLICK!

My eyes grew wide. It unlocked!

Kyle turned to look at me, he couldn't seem to believe it, too. He carefully peeked outside. When he saw a man about to pass by the window, he quickly closed it.

For a moment, he just stared at me. He looked like he was thinking of something- a plan, maybe.

He then walked towards me, kneeled down, and  looked at me directly in the eyes. "Blair, I know you can hear me. Now, listen closely. I'll be lifting you up, out of that window. I want you to run towards the woods, back to Blood Moon's territory. Just go, and don't look back, ok? I have to do some things first, I'll see you in Blood Moon."

I didn't move, and just stared at him with confused eyes. What do you plan to do?

"I-I'll get my mother first, a-and your father, too, if he wants to come with us."

I let out continuous barks. "No! That's very dangerous, Kyle! Just come with me!", I wanted to tell him.

But, Kyle just put his index finger to his lips, telling me to keep quiet. He then turned to the window again, and opened it slowly while peeking outside. When he was sure that the coast was clear, he motioned me with his hand to come to him. But, I didn't move.

He looked at me. "Come on, Blair! Let's go!"

No! Come with me!

"Blair! We're running out of time! Come on!"

Kyle walked towards me, and lifted my wolf. "I'll see you in Blood Moon's territory. I promise. Now, go!" He positioned me out of the window.

I jumped out, and ran as fast as I could. 

Kyle's POV

I quickly followed Blair out of the window, and closed it again to make sure no one will find out we escaped, at least not until Blair has gone far away.

I proceeded towards the back of our house. Everytime I saw someone coming my way, I quickly hide behind anything available at that moment- behind trees, or bushes, or behind vehicles. How ironic that I was hiding from the people whom I was supposed to lead just days ago. I smirked at the thought.