Chapter 13

I’m squealing! I’m squealing :D

THANK-YOU OH-SO-MUCH FOR BRINGING CALIMNG CORTEZ TO #3IN WEREWOLF AND #8 IN HUMOR THIS WEEK. It was possible only because of your support. I REALLY LOVE YOU ALL:-*

I am super happy! Plus today is MY MOM’S BIRTHDAY:D

Check out that image of Cortez (Justin Hopwood) and Malory (Emily DiDonato) :D

Also, this chapter is dedicated to Nami_121 :D

****

“They say a person needs just three things to be truly happy in this world: someone to love, something to do, and something to hope for.”

-Tom Bodett

MALORY P.O.V

As soon as my alarm beeped, I closed my book shut and flopped on my bed. Correction, our bed. It has been a blissful two weeks mostly because Cortez was talking to me.

A goofy grin slashed my mouth as I thought about my mate. Staring at the ceiling I recalled the changes from Cortez’s behavior. First thing, he was home for dinner sharp at nine and then he would go back to work again. He had told me that he works in his company from morning ten to six and then he takes care of pack business. He had told me that he didn’t actually want to become the Alpha of Moreland Pack but after Alpha Peter’s insistence he agreed to be one. He used to feel that he doesn’t deserve the title until Alpha Peter’s death.

“I felt like the pack would crumble the same way Elegance did” Cortez had told me fiercely. Only after Alpha Peter’s death he started taking responsibility of the pack seriously, until then he was focused on his revenge. But now he genuinely cares and works for the pack.

He has lots of friends in his pack and I’ve met few of them. Some used to come home with Cortez and Sonya had introduced me to some. They were all good and I was comfortable around them too. Day by day I was adjusting well here.

Cortez drops me to college every day and we would talk, maybe not much but we still would. I would peck his lips every day before getting out of the car. A small peck was enough to set my nerves on fire.

My parents had come here to visit me yesterday and I was totally surprised because I didn’t know about that. It seems Brenda had called them and since Cortez was home yesterday noon, we all had lunch together. My parents left later in the evening and they were happy to see me happy. Mama however had a problem with me still being unmarked.

Cortez and I never spoke about that, but I personally am ready to be marked and announced as the Luna of the Pack. My wolf was waiting for that moment because then she would be known to the world as Cortez’s.

The new rumor in the college was I am Cortez’s paid mistress and it was annoying to hear. I only wished they knew the truth about my and Cortez’s relationship. When I had told that to Cortez he had told me that if asked I should tell that we are in a relationship. And when I gave him a baffled look he said “tell them you are my girlfriend”.

Girlfriend! My wolf didn’t quite comprehend that label but I was okay with it. For the humans I am his girlfriend, it was better than telling them anything else.

Our routine was the same; however since the last two weeks he would come home just to have dinner. And after dinner he was off again. Dinner was quiet and peaceful. I would talk and Cortez would listen. He would ask something about myself and I would go on and on about it. I feel like I could share everything with Cortez.