Chapter 14

(A/N) I'm so stuffed right now. Its like I'm hungry but not hungry. So it balances out so...

*****

Gwendolyn

Let's get something straight. He kissed me first.

It just happened.

He zoned out for a while so I checked on him. He grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Then he was kissing me.

I had been worrying if a lunch date was too soon. But this. This was spontaneous. The heat of the moment.

I hadn't even noticed that his tounge had started to explore every crevice of my mouth.

His hand caressed my cheek slowly and my hands tangled themselves in his hair.

"Gwendol-" The door flew open and Evelyn stood in the doorway.

We froze and I pulled away from Mr- Xavier. He glared at Evelyn.

She backed away slowly. "All of the representatives are here already."

She walked away letting the door close on its own.

I looked at Xavier. He looked at me.

I untangled myself from him and straightened my skirt. "Umm."

"Your lips are heavenly." Was the first thing he said. He ran his hands through his hair, pushing the curls back into place.

I leaned against my desk. "So."

He got up and fixed his jacket. "As much as I'd like to have another taste, we have a meeting to attend."

He walked out of the office. I stood dazed for a moment, but grabbed my clipboard and ran after him.

He was waiting outside the office and walked me to the meeting, like usual, as if nothing had happened.

In the elevator he asked me questions. "What type of life do you imagine for yourself in the future?"

"My house, Chase, I might get married and have some kids if I ever find somebody loyal and if I ever find the time. If I don't imma be a dog lady forever." I said mapping out my future.

He nodded and we exited the elevator.

When we got to the conference representatives were complaining that they had other meetings and checking their watches.

The quieted as Mr.Wells and I took our seats.

Most of the time, just like every other meeting, I had nothing to do. So I stared at Mr.Wells.

I know it sounds weird but now my curiosity had increased tenfold. How had his eyes killed his mother?

Why was he insecure?