Chapter 3

Ugh! I hated him so much! He was a whole different person when my parents were around. When they left I was stuck with this perverted, and childish man of a...ugh....soulmate. And to make matters worse the guest room he was supposed to be staying in is now occupied by my mom's drunk friend, leaving him to bunk with me. Not in my bed, of course, I'd never allow that.

"I still don't see why I couldn't sleep with you, Hái'ér." he says and I just roll over so that my back is facing him. "We are soulmates after all."

"Go to sleep." I state sternly, but he completely ignores me.

"So...how many children do you want?"

"What the hell is wrong with you!?" I screech bolting up in my bed, angrily glaring at him accompanied by my furious blush.

"Just creating small talk." He shrugs simply, though I can see the small smirk on his face.

"That's not small talk, and you know it." I seeth, before sighing. This man would be the death of me. "Look, just go to sleep. School starts early." I lay back down and tug the covers over me again, and to my partial surprise an relief he remains silent.

-x-

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Y/n time to wake up!" my mother calls and I groan, stretching my arms before I sit up, brushing my hair from my face. Yawning I sigh, another day of sc-

Thud!

"Oh, what the hell?" I groan looking back only to see that I've tripped over Zao's sleeping body. And to some miraculous surprise, he's still snoring away. Rolling my eyes I dust myself off, grumbling under my breath as I grab my uniform before walking into the bathroom. There's no way I was changing in the same room as him.

After I've finished I walk back into my room.

"Gosh, how are you still sleeping." I mutter before kneeling beside him as I go to shake him awake. Only that's when I get a better idea of how to wake him up. Smirking I tiptoe from the room. Once I've found what I was searching for I make my way quietly back to my room before readying myself.

3...

2...

1...

Cat-apult activate!

"Wángbādàn!" he screams, suddenly awake as my cat merely stares into his eyes, ears pressed flat against his head as he hisses. Zao shoves the covers off of him, yelling more curse words in Chinese as I burst out laughing. This was definitely way better than how I was originally going to wake him up. His cursing dies down as my cat flees from my room. "Qù nǐde." he grumbles half-heartedly glaring at me as I wipe the tears from my eyes.

"You know you sound like a car engine while you snore." I chuckle, a smirk on my face as he narrows his eyes at me.

"Why you!" He lunges at me, and I barely have time to dodge, but to my surprise, he seems to have predicted my dodge and now has me pinned against the wall. "That wasn't very nice you know." his eyes are piercing mine but I simply stare back, daring him to do something about it. "Now I need to punish you." his eyes quickly glaze over and the next thing I know his lips attack my neck. I tense and he smiles before biting and roughly sucking at my neck. Finally snapping out of it I begin to struggle against him.

"What the hell man! Get off of me-ah!" I let out a surprised moan and I instantly freeze. Damn it!

"You like this, Hái'ér~?" he purrs out and I just grumble.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

We both freeze. "Y/n, Zao. You two better hurry up or you'll miss the bus!" my mother calls and I take this time to shove Zao away.

"Get changed into your uniform." I grumble before I run into my bathroom. Slamming the door behind me, I make sure to lock it as I look into the mirror, moving my hair to reveal my neck. I gasp when I see a bright red, and currently bruising hickey on the side of my neck. Alright, now he's gone too far! Whipping around I storm out of the bathroom.

"Zao you-Gah!" I immediately turn around once I see he's shirtless. I quickly shut the door and bury my embarrassed face in my hands. This day couldn't possibly get any worse.

-x-

"You know if you wanted to see me shirtless all you had to do was ask." Zao chuckles as we wait for the bus stop.

"Shut up! It was an accident!" I defend, clutching my bag tighter. "You should've told me you were changing."

"It doesn't matter anyway. I don't see why you're making such a big deal out of it." he huffs, looking up at the gloomy sky. "It's not like I saw you naked or anything."

"You're such a perv." I grumble, and thankfully no more than seconds later the bus pulls up and we board. Greeting the bus driver, I take a seat but am soon squished against the window when Zao takes a seat next to me, placing his arm around my seat and leaning back. I scoot as far away from him as I can, but it doesn't help as he scoots closer to me with a flirtatious smirk as he winks at me. This is going to be a long day.

---

I'm so sorry! I keep saying I'll update more but I never do! I'll try to get better, but life is getting in the way. I hope you can understand. Anyway I hope you like this short update.