Chapter 2

"Y/n, I got to go get some groceries and pick up your sisters." I hear my mom say once we're all in the house. "If you could just show Zao around and to his room. That'd be great. Oh, his room is right across from yours. Love you, be home in a few hours." she says not giving a chance for me to respond--because she knew I'd probably protest--as she rushes back out to the car.

"Hmm, you know I'd love a tour of your bedroom." I hear Zao purr out as he wraps his arms around my waist, nuzzling his face into my neck as I tense.

"W-what!?" I blurt out shocked at his sudden flirtatiousness. I thought he was a sweet, gentlemanly guy! I hear him chuckle as he pulls away looking at me with his half-lidded burgundy eyes.

"We're all alone, and-" but before he can say anything else I feel something jump into my arms.

Meow!?

Looking down I see my loyal cat, Fritz. His blue eyes soon showing distaste when he sees Zao as his fur bristles and he hisses. I'm shocked. Fritz almost never hisses. I feel Zao jump back in shock.

"Ai yah! What is that!?" he eyes Fritz with wide eyes. I feel a smirk rise to my face as I take a step closer, as he just stays still almost paralyzed. Bingo.

"Hmm? Oh, you mean Fritz? He's just my cat." I say innocently stroking Fritz's fur. "What's wrong...don't you like cats?" I ask walking closer before holding out Fritz so that he's face to face with Zao. Zao himself lets out a manly screech before bolting away as I chase after him with Fritz who's quite confused.

For about ten minutes this continues before I hear the door open and I stop, freezing with Fritz in my arms as I see my younger sister walking in. I thought mom went to pick them up?

"Hey! Y/n guess....who's that?" my sister asks pointing to Zao in confusion as I finally snap back to reality setting Fritz down.

"Oh, hey...um this is Zao. Now, what are you doing home early? Mom said she went to pick you up." I say crossing my arms over my chest as I wait for an answer.

"Oh, yeah! Well, I didn't feel like going grocery shopping so I just walked home. S/n went with mom. Our school's only a ten minute walk away remember." she says before plopping her backpack down onto the couch as she makes her way into the kitchen where Zao and I are. "Wait a minute...you've never said anything about Zao, so that must mean..." she gasps. "Your her soulmate! Ha! Zao and Vienna sitting in a tree K-I-" but before she can finish I slap a hand over her mouth.

"Finish that sentence and-Ah! What the hell! Why'd you lick me!?" I exclaim in shock as I pull my hand away to quickly wipe her saliva off on my shirt. "That's disgusting! Oh, you're so getting it now you little-"

"Mom said no name calling!"

"She didn't say anything about hurting you!" I state before lunging at her as she dodges just in time before running into the living room and out the door. Running after her I jump the two porch steps and onto the grass as I chase after her. I may not be the fastest runner but luckily I was slightly faster than her. But just as I'm about to catch her she jumps behind Zao, who I almost forgot was there.

Trying to stop I let out a short gasp as I collide into Zao's chest, sending us both to the ground with a thud.

"Ha! Beat that!" she screams before running back into the house.

Groaning I slowly push myself into a sitting position, raising a hand to my throbbing head. When I open my eyes however I see that I'm straddling Zao, a slight blush on his face as my face quickly turns completely red. Scrambling off of him I stutter out apologies before bolting inside leaving behind a stunned Zao.

-x-

After bolting inside I refuse to let myself out of my room or anyone in for that matter. But the only thing wrong with this is the fact that my door does not have a lock. So when I hear a knock at my door I assume it's my sisters pestering me once again for some unknown reason.

"Go away!" I call out before I direct my attention back at my book. Though my head wasn't into it. Instead, I kept thinking about the situation that happened earlier. But whenever the thought enters my head my face is coated with a red blush.

"Thinking about me kitten?" I hear a familiar voice chuckle and I look up to see Zao walking into my room closing my door behind him. I bolt up into a sitting position as I tense.

"What are you doing in my room! Didn't I tell you to go away?" I state setting my book down on my desk, not caring if I lost the page.

"Hmm. Did you? Must've slipped by it." he hums before plopping down on my head moving my legs up before he sets them back down on his lap. "Now what were you thinking about?"

What should I do? Should I tell him the truth? No, he'll just tease me even worse than right now. "None of your business." I huff crossing my arms over my chest.

"Could it possibly be me, Kitten?" he smirks as I feel a slight blush rise to my face, much to my distaste.

"No..." I lie pushing his head away from me as he laughs running his hand through his hair to correct it again.

"Then what's the blush for?" He purrs and I quickly throw a pillow at him.

"Because you're being a damn pervert that's why!" I growl half heartedly at him.

"Hmm...maybe, but if you were the one to interpret the question like that...." uh, oh. He has that look in his eye. "Does that make you a pervert too?"

---

So sorry that I haven't updated in a while. I've just been kind of low on inspiration lately and family problems. But I hope you enjoy this chapter! And will try to update more. I promise. Ha det! :)