#selfie

i don't know who's 'genius' idea was it to come up with a whole song dedicated to a selfie. or really why the fuck that it's actually a popular song and currently in itunes top whatever.really, it evades me. i'm just gonna hope for the sake of humanity that it's because it's so bad it's funny. 

honesty, whoever the girl is that actually sings the song, i REALLY REALLY wanna bring a sledgehammer to her face. and hell, i'm not even a violent person (eh, maybe that's a bit not true, but whatever). 

throughout the whole song, her weird-ass commentary just goes from alarming to a whole new level of psycho bitch. 

the song starts out with the girl complaining that her friendswithbenefits/boyfriend jason is being a total playa hitting on other girls all while he's texting her and she's unsure whether if the girl's even pretty or if the two of them should hook up. 

and what's the perfect remedy to her 'boy troubles?' *drops the beat* 

taking a damn selfie.

(as if that's gonna make everything better.)

then of course, her troubles don't stop there. NOW SHE HAS TO PICK A DAMN FILTER AND CHOSE A HASHTAG #FIRSTWORLDPROBLEMS. 

by the end of the song, she calls poor jason out for being a creep for apparently 'liking her photo' and just a few lines later, SHE CONTEMPLATES GOING HOME WITH HIM AND CELEBRATES HER SELFIE TAKING ABILITIES. 

like, dammit girl, you don't go home with a suspected creep. where is your rationale? your common sense? and goddammit it, your sense of self-preservance? DO YOU WANT TO DIE? 

***

a/n. originally, this was posted on my other account [deprivation] and really, i had no idea why i had two rant books, so in case you guys recognize the next few rants, please note/understand that i didn't steal it or anything lol.