Will the Wise

It felt like the beginning again. My feet were killing me from running and I had my hand intertwined with El's as we trudged through the dead leaves of the forest. The cabin was a bit ahead. And I hoped and prayed that tonight was one of the nights Hopper had come home late.

El finally told me what happened to make her run out of the school that fast. She had seen Mike with a orange haired girl and he was holding her hand. It had upset her greatly.

I didn't even get to see Dustin though. Not even a glance. I just wanted to know that he was ok and that he was safe. I guess I'm going to be still left waiting.

I didn't even want to look at the cabin as I could already see the slight yellow glow hit the forest floor in front of me. He was going to be disappointed. I looked up to see his talk silhouette in the window and the lighting up of his cigarette once he took a drag.

"Please don't start something with him. For me." I say turning to El behind me. I see her gulp a little before nodding her head. I have her a quick kiss on the cheek as I walked faster towards the cabin.

We might as well get this over and done with.

Once El opened the door for us we were immediately greeted by my dad.

"Friends don't lie. Isn't that your bullshit saying?" Hopper shouts as he slams the front door behind us. El immediately storms off to the bedroom trying to shut the door behind her but Hopper stops it. I decided to cower away in the sitting room not wanting to be involved.

"HEY IM TALKING TO YOU" Hopper screams towards El as she lets out a huff of breath.

"And you" He says turning and pointing a finger at me. "I thought you were better than this. Why are you letting her drag you into trouble"

As much as I loved him. He was an ass. And him telling me that El was dragging me into things I didn't want to do had really set me off. I can make decisions for myself.

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU ACTUALLY LET US LEAVE THE HOUSE EVERY FUCKING ONCE IN A WHILE WE WOULDN'T HAVE TO SNEAK OUT ALL THE TIME" I scream as I rip my coat off and throw it to the other side of the room.

"Don't you use that language with me. Where did you decide to learn that shit?" Hopper says getting closer and looking frustrated.

"I guess it just runs in the family" I say through gritted teeth. I see Hopper get taken back a little before he straightens himself out.

I look to El in the corner of my eyes and she raises both eyebrows at me. I mentally reminded myself to  say it to her later.

"You don't get to talk to me like that Edith" He says, his tone a little calmer than the others but still holding just enough anger.

"And you don't get to say you care after I've been physically and emotionally tortured for most of my life. And you weren't around" I say. I knew it wasn't his fault. He thought that I was dead then but I wanted it to hit him where it hurt. I'm sick of sitting in the background and not having my say.

"I needed to see him. I'm losing my mind. If it makes you feel any better I didn't see him and he didn't see me" I say storming off to the kitchen and began to grab a glass of water.

I noticed El stayed silent in the other room and I was thankful. It wouldn't help if she joined in on the conversation. I had been building this shit up for the past while now.

"I already told you it's dangerous to be out there." He lets out a huff of breath as I watch his rub the side of his temples.

"You said we could go. AND WE NEVER LEAVE. NOTHING EVER HAPPENS" I scream. I'm sick and tired of hearing the same excuse all the time.