iv.

"Caroline so help me if you don't stop pacing I'm going to snap your neck!" Hayley grumbled. Caroline had been stressing about the arrival of the Originals. She knew that only trouble followed them and she worried for the kids at the school.

She rolled her eyes at Hayley comment and sat down and started relentlessly tapping her foot. It was Hayley's turn to roll her eyes. 

"Calm down you two. Hopefully, this is just a quick visit. We'll capture the Hollow again and they'll all be on their way. Hayley knew he was right, although she had a small hope that they could find another way and this was an opportunity to save her family once again. 

Hayley could smell the stress coming from Eli on the other side of the room.

"Don't worry Eli, they'll love you. They're a little rough at first, but they'll come around." She said giving him a small smile.

He nodded. "I know. After hearing what you have to say about them, they sound like very loyal people. They still terrify me, but I respect them."

Hayley let out a small laugh. If her past self could see her now. No one in their right minds would have gotten involved with the Original family. Then again, most people didn't have a choice. She didn't, and Eli, he doesn't have anywhere else but with his family and that was with them.

Caroline and Hayley's heads snapped up.

"They're here." Alaric sighed.

Hope walked into the room.

"Is daddy here yet?" She asked jumping around.

"Yep." Hayley couldn't help but smile. It had been so long since she last saw her family, but the circumstances weren't the best.

She grabbed Eli's hand.

"Come on! I want you to meet daddy and uncle Elijah and uncle Kol and aunt Freya and aunt Rebekah-" Hope trailed off leading Eli down the hall with her.

"Poor kid." Alaric laughed. Elochai had no idea what he was getting himself into.

The rest of them walked out of the headmaster's office and followed Hope and Eli's path down the stairs.

"Daddy!" Hope yelled as she ran out of the front door and into her father's arms.

"Hope!" He smiled in pure joy, picking her up. He'd been away for too long.

The others were getting out of their cars and watching the reunion of father and daughter, for the second time in recent history. They smiled at the sight.

There 'small' family had grown over the years from just the five Mikealson siblings, then they lost Finn, but found Freya. Then there was Hayley and Hope. But there was a lot that they lost too.

Eli stood on the front steps. Hayley, Alaric, and Caroline followed not a second after.

"Hayley!" Freya smiled giving her dear friend a hug. Hayley smiled. She felt an immense feeling of happiness being with them all again. Even Kol and Davina, who were just standing by their car watching the scene in front of them.

Rebekah walked over next, Marcel not far behind. 

They all had their little reunion.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Caroline asked Eli.

"Yeah. It is." Eli was slightly jealous.

"They've been through so much together but somehow they still manage to deal with one another." She laughed. A small scoff passed his lips.

"Eli!" Hope said running back up the steps and grabbing his hands.

"Daddy, this is uncle Eli." She introduced him.

"WHAT?!" Half of them said.

Eli rubbed the back of his head nervously. 

They looked to Hayley.

"Long story?" She shrugged.

"We have time." Klaus glared.

They all walked into the house and Hayley lead them to the library.

"So care to explain this 'uncle Eli'?" Klaus said bitterly.

Eli didn't get why he was being so rude. Maybe he was just really overprotective.

"Calm down Nik," Rebekah said rolling her eyes.

"No, don't you think its very convenient he shows up right when the Hollow is freed," Klaus said very accusingly.

"Excuse me? The Hollow killed my parents and basically every other person I care about. Don't you ever accuse me of having anything to do with that witch!" Eli yelled getting in Klaus' face, something no-one ever did, except maybe Hayley. If those small comments hadn't pissed Eli off, that sure had.

He walked out of the room to go cool down.

"Nice Klaus." Caroline spat, getting up to make sure Eli was alright.

"What like none of you were thinking he might be a spy!" Klaus tried to defend himself.

"Klaus, Hayley had me do a spell when she first met him. They really are related. She also had me do a second spell to see if he had any curses or hexes on him. He's clean Klaus." Freya defended Eli. Klaus huffed.

"We still haven't learned how there's a new Cresent descendant among us?" Kol said.

"Well he's not exactly Cresent," Hayley said. That grabbed everyone else's attention.

"When my ancestors first battled the Hollow, they called upon their brother clan, the Morning Star clan. They helped me pack to defeat her. When the Hollow placed her curse on the Cresent witches to become wolves, she also cursed the Morning Star clan's people to instantly die at age forty, the age her mother was when her mother killed her." Hayley said, doing her best to explain the complicated story.

"Hmm. Interesting." Elijah said. He was still a little bitter over being compelled to forget them all, but he understood.

"Can we get to what we're really here for? The Hollow is free and we have no idea where she is." Kol said.

"That's not entirely true." Freya started on. "We know she's most powerful in New Orleans and that she needs Hope."

"We need to contact Vincent. He should be able to help like he did before." Davina added.

"Davina's right. We need as much help as we can get. We know what we're getting into this time so we'll be better prepared." Hayley agreed.

"We still don't know how to take her down for real this time," Freya said.

"For real? Aren't we going to imprison her again?" Kol asked.

"Not if this happens every few months, what's the point." She added. If the Hollow just breaks out of her prison every few months and causes terror, what does all this really matter?

"Freya has a point. We need to do some research, make some calls, ask some favors. All the favors you have." Hayley said. The Originals nodded.

Hopefully this time... this time Hayley can actually save her family from its 'inevitable ' demise.