Chapter 10: Fault

The others must have heard me cry or maybe smelled the smoke from the smoldering letter, or whatever but they were all in my room in a half second.

"What's wrong?" My mom said bursting through the door. She saw me on the ground and knelt down beside me. My grandma came in after my mom. She saw us on the ground and then looked at the ashes of the letter. She waved her hand and the ashes flew into the air. The pieced together by them selves and the letter reformed in mid air. The newly formed letter, flew into my grandma's hands. She quickly read it and sighed.

"I'm sorry, there is no magic in earth that can mend a broken heart." She said handing the letter to my mom. She quickly read it and stood up.

"Does Mrs. Solter know this?" My mom asked. I shrugged in response.

"Well let's go tell her." My grandma said walking out the door. My grandma snapped her fingers and she suddenly became older looking. My mom rolled her eyes and I stood there in shock. I had never seen her do that before.

We walked over to the house next door. My grandma knocked on the door, and Mrs. Solter answered.

"Hello." She said kindly.

"Mrs. Solter, my grandson received a letter saying your son has run way." My grandma said  calmly.

"Not again." Mrs. Solter sighed.

"He's done this before?" My grandma asked like a detective.

"Yes he's done this before, but that was before we moved. He just went to a friend's house. But the only friend he has here is Kyi, and he's not at your house. I have no idea where he is." Mrs. Solter said.

"How long has he been gone?" My grandma questioned.

"Oh about an hour or two. Why do you need to know this?" Mrs. Sotler asked.

"I think I can find your son. I was one of the best missing persons detective on the force." She said proudly.

"Oh okay. You find my son and let me know if there is anything I can do to help." Mrs. Solter said with a sad smile.

"Don't worry, we will find your son." My grandma said walking away. Mrs. Solter shut the door as we left.

We followed my grandma to the side of the rode. She put out her hand out in front of her, palm towards the sky. An orb of blue light formed in the palm of her hand. She uttered some strange words and the orb split into several smaller orbs. The orbs suddenly flew into the air and flew in several different directions. 

"If the orbs find him, I will know, but it could take days. By then he will be out of our reach. So, Kyi, call your friends, we need a search party. And do you have any idea where he might go?" She said like she'd done this before, because she had. 

I shook my head and pulled out my phone. I called Tiy, Taylor, and Hayley. The all arrived soon after I called.

We all split up. I headed to the park, the place were we had our first kiss. I was sure he'd stop there.

I searched all over the park. He was nowhere to be found. I started to get really worried. What if we never found him? What if he never came back? What if...

My train of thought was cut off by a stranger who put his hand on my shoulder. I whipped around and saw a really creepy looking man standing behind me. Something about him was frighteningly familiar. Same with his voice. 

"Looking for someone?" The man asked.

"Yes, actually. have you seen a boy about my age, blond, about five seven, with blue eyes around here anywhere?" I asked.

"Yes, he headed north. Oh and a bit of advice, be careful." The strange man warned.

I shuttered and walked away. Who was that? Why do I know that guy? 

I didn't have time to think about theses questions. I had what direction he went and I was determined to find him.

I down the road leading north of the park. I followed that road knowing it lead out of town. I soon saw  someone who I thought was Daylon. I was correct. 

"Stop!" I shouted at Daylon. He turned in surprise, and I tackled/ hugged him.

"Why did you runway?" I asked already knowing his response.

"I just didn't want to hurt you anymore. I have caused you too much pain, and I can't stand to hurt you anymore." He said sadly.

I looked up at his with a smile.

"Daylon you are the only one who can take my pain away. In your arms I feel as if everything is alright. As if the world is as it should be. I would die if you ever left me. Please don't ever leave me." I said with tears of joy in my eyes. 

He looked at my and smiled. He bent down and kissed me. 

"I promise." He said when we stopped.