Jonny and La'Nye

Edited by No-Soul-Ginger

9 months later

Katai's POV

I wake up and find Kyle's side of the bed empty. Great, now I have to roll. I think to myself. I couldn't wait for this baby to be out of me. Just a couple of more weeks and I'd finally get to meet our daughter, and the pain and weight would be gone.

"Ugh," I groan, rolling onto my side and off of the bed. I start for the bathroom and begin to wonder where Kyle has gone. He has recently picked up some shifts at the Wal-Mart. I suppose to fulfill the man in him, but I knew he was off today.

After I was all washed up, I headed to the stairs and I hear an unfamiliar voice. I look over the balcony and see a familiar face. My jaw drops and I start to feel my knees shake as I stare at the person down below. Why is Kyle talking to him as if they've met before?

"Oh, Katai! I'm so glad you're up. Come down hunny, I want you to meet someone!" he shouts, looking up at me. I clear my throat and wipe my eyes when they start to burn from staring too long.

"Uhm, Kyle can you please come up for a minute? We need to talk," I say shakily, trying to keep calm.

"What's wrong babe?" he asks when he comes up.

"How do you know that man?" I ask, staring at him.

"That's one of my co-workers from Wal-Mart, Brian. We've been talking about fixing up the floorboard together in La'nye's room. Remember?" He replies nonchalantly, trying to catch my eyes.

"Kyle, I know him... It's daddy! He's tracking me still!" I burst out suddenly, finally looking at him.

"Katai!"

"He's going to find out I'm still alive! Wi-"

"Tai!" he shouts grabbing my arms.

"Katai, it's been a whole year since your father tried to kill us... We haven't seen or heard anything about him. He's not coming back. Calm down ok? You don't want to stress the baby," he says softly, rubbing my stomach. I feel the tears starting to form in my eyes. He's wrong, Daddy is going to find me through the information that man gives him about me. Kyle sits me onto a chair and kneels in front of me.

"Wait... How do you know Brian?"

The realization hit me again.

"That's my father's best friend... I remember him helping my father rape me! He has to get out!" I shout, waddling back to my room in a panic.

"Wait for Katai, stop!" He grabs my arm and spins me around.

"Look, I think you are overreacting. Brian didn't even recognize you when you called me up here. He probably looks like your father's best friend and you're very confused about the whole situation," he reasons, rubbing my arms, trying to comfort me. "I want you to meet him. He's going to be here with us for while for La'nye so please?" I take a deep breath and look down at Brian talking to my friends.

"You trust him Kyle?" I huff in disbelief.

"Yes hun. I really do," he reassures. He grabbed my hand and led me downstairs.

"Ah! There she is! Mommy to be Katai!" Brian chuckles, reaching for my hand to shake it. I disregard it.

"Alright..." He pulls his hand back into his side in rejection. "It's lovely to meet you. Kyle won't stop talking about you and La'nye. I'm so happy to be living here with you guys while I help out."